Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

prices

N

Namvet

A quick question for all you 'vette guys. I guess I am going through male menopause or something but currently have a burning desire for a 'vette. Cannot afford new but have found a '98 hardtop with some damage to the hood only. Might be repairable or may have to replace. It's at a low..low price with a clean title and clean carfax report. Will replacing the hood bring down the value of the car as it would then be not totally original??

I don't think it would matter that much by replacing the hood. They sell them for about $700 or so. You can order one from most of the Corvette Catalogs. As far as your "male menopause" goes.....Buying a Corvette is much much cheaper than running with some new young hot chick. You know they say that when males go through "male menopause" they usually go for a Sports car or a young hot chick. You will be a lot better off with the Corvette in the long run. Buy the Vette and a new hood and enjoy yourself..... Good Luck

Thanks. Young hot chick is out of the question...took 30 years to "train" the one I have....couldn't go through that again!!! Guess I will go ahead and buy the car and try to sneak it home under the cover of darkness!! I can already hear the "you have way too many toys" lecture.

buy the '98, you won't regret it. putting the new hood on will be a good oportunity to have the nose painted as well (they tend to pick up a lot of road rash). when all's said and done, the car will look awesome.:_rock

good luck.

Namvet said:
Thanks. Young hot chick is out of the question...took 30 years to "train" the one I have....couldn't go through that again!!! Guess I will go ahead and buy the car and try to sneak it home under the cover of darkness!! I can already hear the "you have way too many toys" lecture.

I get that "too many toys" all the time but guess which car we use the most
Don't worry about sneaking it home, just throw her the keys and let her take it for a spin when you get it home.

Namvet said:
But if you buy it for her to drive...............

You should go for it. The hood won't make any difference, in my opinion, as far as later value goes.

There are some good threads around here with tips on how to justify the vette to the lady. To paraphrase Hotwing, better the vette than a mistress :L

Namvet said:
...took 30 years to "train" the one I have....couldn't go through that again!!!

They can be trained? Do tell!

As for the vette, even NCRS wouldn't care if you had a replacement hood as long as it was correct for the car. Go for it and enjoy your new ride!

MsSchroder said:
You should go for it. The hood won't make any difference, in my opinion, as far as later value goes.

There are some good threads around here with tips on how to justify the vette to the lady. To paraphrase Hotwing, better the vette than a mistress :L

What about both?:D >>>>>stay cool...I'm :L joking

Erik S. Klein said:
They can be trained? Do tell!

They really can't, but they never give up trying to train you. What's that dear? Sorry Erik she calling me, talk to you latter.

Remo:cool

Remo said:
What's that dear? Sorry Erik she calling me, talk to you latter.

Somebody is a WHIMP.............:L :L

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Somebody is a WHIMP.............:L :L[/QUOTE]

Kenny - I would have bet money that either you or Patrick would have responed with something like this.:D Well, at least I'm man enough to admit it.:L Good to hear from you.

Remo said:
Kenny - I would have bet money that either you or Patrick would have responed with something like this.:D Well, at least I'm man enough to admit it.:L Good to hear from you.

How did I get dragged into this? All I do is try to help poor Remo out of his season Weather/No-Vette frustration, and I get painted with the same broad brush as Kenny. :L

Sheesh, can't turn your back around for a minute around here.

-Patrick

Patrick said:
How did I get dragged into this? All I do is try to help poor Remo out of his season Weather/No-Vette frustration, and I get painted with the same broad brush as Kenny. :L

-Patrick

Hi ya Patrick - good to hear from you. And thanks for being there during those no-vette New England winters. I'm happy to report that the vette is being driven regularly now and I'm off the medication.:crazy Until next winter:ugh

Medication????? What medication.......we don't have that on the left coast we just drive year round.......:D:beer

Patrick said:

-Patrick

:cry I got painted with a brush?...and I didn't even know it...;LOL ...yea Patrick and I think you are a WHIMP.....:D

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]:cry I got painted with a brush?...and I didn't even know it...;LOL ...yea Patrick and I think you are a WHIMP.....:D[/QUOTE]

A Whimp, am I? Well, first amendment rights give you the priviledge of holding that opinion, however mis-informed it may be. Suffice it to say I still have a cadre of fellow Black Corvette owners (to use your vernacular: "the color of darkness, evil and death :W ") and we are all perfectly willing to demonstate our whimp factor as soon as you stop running your useless zig-zag patterns. To quote a Marine philosophy: you can run, but you'll just die tired.
:r :D ;LOL

-Patrick

Patrick said:
A Whimp, am I? Well, first amendment rights give you the priviledge of holding that opinion, however mis-informed it may be. Suffice it to say I still have a cadre of fellow Black Corvette owners (to use your vernacular: "the color of darkness, evil and death :W ") and we are all perfectly willing to demonstate our whimp factor as soon as you stop running your useless zig-zag patterns. To quote a Marine philosophy: you can run, but you'll just die tired.
:r :D ;LOL

-Patrick
==========================================================
Oh Patrick...calm down and stop using "mob" mentality...and stop threatening me with what you and your "gang" of black vetters are going to do to me...threats never go over well with anyone...as a matter of fact, threats usually backfire...watch your back girl............. :Buttslap .....;LOL

side note..I see that "the color of darkness, evil and death" thing really got to ya:L ..

GET OVER IT!;LOL
And btw Patrick , If you would have looked closer...I was actually calling this guy a whimp...not you...>>>

Originally Posted by Remo
What's that dear? Sorry Erik she calling me, talk to you latter.

"Somebody is a WHIMP............."

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]:cry I got painted with a brush?...and I didn't even know it...;LOL ...yea Patrick and I think you are a WHIMP.....:D[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong - but is does look like 04 Torch Red called Patrick a whimp.;shrug

Could Be !!!!! But what do I know....I'm just Cruzin' Thru !!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom