Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem solved.

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
Ok, so, the Vette is on the rack until the weather straightens out and has my homemade dust cover on ... that would be two king size sheets sewn together, works very well.

The problem is that when I'm out in the "Tractor barn" with the overhead door open working on some other machine and the wind starts blowing it often takes the cover off. That's a real pain since it's really tough to get the cover back on without dropping the car down to floor level and that means moving the other car underneath.

I came up with a simple solution ........ magnets !!

Yes, those little 5-7 pound holding capacity magnets. I just wrap the dust cover under the tail end of the car and place a magnet on the cover corners holding it to the mufflers on both sides. See the attached pictures.

Works great, problem solved.

I hope it helps some one else.

Bill

Cover 1 RS.JPGCover 2 RS.JPGCover 3 RS.JPG

With the car in the driveway a few years back, to keep the cover on I just took a few of those mini doggie tennis balls and then looped a bit of parachute cord around them for a tie down. One "noose" to secure the ball in the tarp and the other loose end to go through a wheel spoke or exhaust.

Sheets

Ever hear of fitted sheets down on the farm ? Great tip.

I got the flat sheets on clearance from WallyWorld at $10 each --- besides I'm not sure fitted sheets would fit, but good thought.

I like R&B's mini tennis ball idea as well. There's always another way to do something.

Has anybody else come up with a different idea, if so post it.

Heck, its winter --- snow, ice, and salt keeps us from driving the Vettes so we might as well talk about them.

Bill :w

Wow...I'm pleased to find out that I'm not the only one who hates to mess with a car cover.....These are some Flannel wally world sheets king size that my wife sewed together for me. I left the fitted sheet for the back end of the C6 and it fits pretty good....did not get picture though. I did chop the fitted end off where we sewed the two together. The styrofoam on top is so the barn cats will lay on it and not the car...the one on the side is so my wife doesn't have to worry about slamming the Tahoe door into the good car.......works well...

IMG_20130121_114630_521.jpg

Cover

Wow...I'm pleased to find out that I'm not the only one who hates to mess with a car cover.....These are some Flannel wally world sheets king size that my wife sewed together for me. I left the fitted sheet for the back end of the C6 and it fits pretty good....did not get picture though. I did chop the fitted end off where we sewed the two together. The styrofoam on top is so the barn cats will lay on it and not the car...the one on the side is so my wife doesn't have to worry about slamming the Tahoe door into the good car.......works well...

IMG_20130121_114630_521.jpg

NOW, we're getting stylish, good show !!

Cats! :mad We live near a bunch of farms and many of the barns have lots of cats. One fellow I knew had just short 100. Needless to say Wifey and the kids "adopted" two and fed them outside but during the cold part of winter she let them in the garage.

That was the first year we kept a good car in there because there was usually a boat being worked on.

Those cats started to use the base of the windshield for a litter box. The first warm day I pulled out and turned on the heat? :ugh

When I hit the wipers a few "clods" went flying. I was lucky and a few trips through the car wash did the trick.

I like those styro strips and may get a few so I don't screw up and hit the mini-Kubota parked next to it. It was about 15f when I took it for a ride yesterday and those original 98' Goodyears are stiff as all get out in that cold.

The cats? Happy under the porch and the garage is off limits.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom