Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pull toggle switch under steering column

L

Life's Good

To the right of the odometer reset handle, which points straight down and is under the dash, is another pull down handle. It is directly under the steering column and it seems to be an adjustment for some sort, as it feels as though if you pull it out partially or push it in, that it is a setting for something. I thought perhaps it has something to do with the transmission or maybe venting.

Any thoughts??

1974 L-82.

To the right of the odometer reset handle, which points straight down and is under the dash, is another pull down handle. It is directly under the steering column and it seems to be an adjustment for some sort, as it feels as though if you pull it out partially or push it in, that it is a setting for something. I thought perhaps it has something to do with the transmission or maybe venting.

Any thoughts??

1974 L-82.

You've found the vacuum switch for your headlights. This will raise them or lower them without the beams being turned on.

I don't want to sound like a genuine prick, but the function of the override switch is discussed in the owner's manual. Order a reproduction owner's manual from the Corvette aftermarket provider of your choice, they all carry them. When your manual arrives, sit down with the FCB of your choice and read through it.

If you have an original manual with the car, take it out and store it in a safe place; keep the repro in the car.

:)

FCB: Favorite Corvette Beverage

Thanks!

I don't want to sound like a genuine prick, but the function of the override switch is discussed in the owner's manual. Order a reproduction owner's manual from the Corvette aftermarket provider of your choice, they all carry them. When your manual arrives, sit down with the FCB of your choice and read through it.

If you have an original manual with the car, take it out and store it in a safe place; keep the repro in the car.

:)

FCB: Favorite Corvette Beverage

When I first got my 82 in 97, I found the same thing. Tried to twist it right an left. Nothing . Then pulled it down and the headlights went up. I almost broke it off!

If you know the answer, just give it. Don't be a prick and say look in your manual.

If you know the answer, just give it. Don't be a prick and say look in your manual.

You appear to be new to the site, did you introduce yourself in the new member area? Welcome to the CAC. After you've been here for a while, you will understand our brand of humor and that insulting people is not nice. That said, it is amazing to me how many people do not read their manuals and, this is a 13 year old thread you're commenting on. Enjoy the site and peruse the C3 area. There's a wealth of information out there.

You appear to be new to the site, did you introduce yourself in the new member area? Welcome to the CAC. After you've been here for a while, you will understand our brand of humor and that insulting people is not nice. That said, it is amazing to me how many people do not read their manuals and, this is a 13 year old thread you're commenting on. Enjoy the site and peruse the C3 area. There's a wealth of information out there.
:thumb:thumb:thumb

:beer

Oh well, When I got my first Vette, I wanted to take a hacksaw to the vacuum switch. I thought bubba put it there, then I figured out what it did.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom