Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

@#$% Punks!

when i park my vette i place a empty gun holster on the dash to let them know the owner is armed and dangerous and could be near by

motorman said:
when i park my vette i place a empty gun holster on the dash to let them know the owner is armed and dangerous and could be near by
hahah... good one!

motorman said:

It could also make them think there is a gun stashed under the seat or something, and make them want to break in to get it. ;shrug

Patrick said:
What campus do you work at? As an ASU graduate, if it turns out an ASU student did this, I personally would be devastated at how low the student body at my alma mater has sunk, to do something like this.

I work at NAU, so we're safe there (I am also an ASU grad). There's some some sort of band camp going on, and a lot of the kids (High School, I beleive) walk thru the lot I've been parking in. I can imagine it now:

"This one time, at band camp...
I stole emblems off a Corvette,
the guy found out and stuck a flute in my..."

Well, a guy can hope!

Oh yeah, we can carry concealed here in AZ (one of the nice things about living in the west!)

emblems

It is a teen punk thing. When I was stationed at Fort Sheridan we had a rash of Mercedes hood ornaments that were being broken off of cars. Turns out the kids who were doing it were wearing them on chains like jewelry because it was "the thing to do." When we caught them...gee guess how...their parents were not happy with the bills. MB stuff does not come cheap either.

I empathize with you. Lucky they didn't damage the paint.

I had my vette keyed several years ago, coincidentally while visiting my daughters at college (U of Iowa). I can't begin to express how ****ed I was that some gutless, scumbag, f'ing piece of chicken**** would do that. I know how you feel. I'm actually probably lucky I didn't catch them doing it, I'd probably be in prison yet for assault or worse, and I'm not exaggerating.

As an humorous aside, it was almost a year after I had owned my vette that I realized the coupe was actually supposed to have one of those emblems on the rear hatch. I went to a corvette event and noticed all the C5 coupes except mine had one on the rear hatch. Mine came without one, apparently stolen before I ever picked it up. To this day I still do not have one on there.

Before you remove the glue off the paint, take the time to mark the postion of the emblem with some masking tape. That way, you will get the new one back on in the same place.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom