Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare & Semi-exotic - the original Callaway Twin Turbo, w/in>

*89x2*

I saw this for sale and thought the links themselves, were rather interesting.

Obviously built before our beloved B2K's, the Alfa TT Callaway was THE car that caught the attention of GM, changing their plans for their own Twin Turbo program and shifting it over to Callaway Engineering :cool

Enjoy these links - Obviously, this piece of history is for sale :upthumbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alfa...72QQihZ007QQcategoryZ5356QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

General information link: http://www.innovativesolu.com/jas/callaway/

14b3_1.JPG

As an FYI, this car is the #4 (of 5) prototype Alfa Romeo Callaway Twin Turbo. This is the one used for road tests by the various magazines in the fall of 1985. It has since been modified rather extensively. I guesstimate that if it were back to all-original it'd go for $$$ among the collector-types.

-Joe in SoFla

As an FYI, this car is the #4 (of 5) prototype Alfa Romeo Callaway Twin Turbo. This is the one used for road tests by the various magazines in the fall of 1985. It has since been modified rather extensively. I guesstimate that if it were back to all-original it'd go for $$$ among the collector-types.

-Joe in SoFla

Joe, thank you and welcome to the :CAC

I do have a question for you - how many of the original Callaway TT Alfas do you suppose, remain & ready for the road??

I think there was a black one for sale a year or two ago, but it was pretty rusty :eek

Again, Welcome! :w

As best as I've been able to piece it together, of the 34 to 37 ever made (the number varies on who is telling the tale), about 4 have been lost forever and most have become organ donors. Another 2-3 are WILDLY rusted and will join the unsalvageable soon unless someone takes drastic (and expensive) action. The cost of restoring a far-gone Alfa TT is 3x the cost of a good Alfa TT, so it makes no financial sense.

I dimly remember that black one. The last I heard of it, the Callaway bits had been transplanted into a healthy recipient, but to the purists, the new car is not a real Callaway.

...and thanks!

-Joe in SoFla

There's also this: http://alfa gtv6 . com/callaway.htm

(In chatting with the seller of the eBay car, he had no idea his was the #4 prototype!)

-Joe

That's a beautiful car. It's too bad the cars are all rusting out!

I spent from 11 am til 7 pm changing all of the coolant/heater hoses on our Z28... discovered some damage I didn't know about... poor old cars. :cry

There's battery acid damage, a little rust, and a few plastic parts with items broken off of them. Poor workmanship (other than the acid damage) due to Chevrolet dealerships servicing the vehicle no doubt...

Yep - its one thing to get a nice car and another thing to keep it.

Happy Holidays,

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom