Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Defroster Not working Correctly Help!

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone, Need Help I discovered that the passenger side rear window defroster contact has come off along with the metal spade connector that attaches to the foil square. Can this be reattached? Is there a metalized glue or does it have to be spot welded back by the dealer? The Rear glass was Just removed and reinstalled by a glass company for painting of the Lip below the window ;help. Please let me know what my options are......... Thanks Dr C5 Corvette~

I'd take it back to the place that removed it and have them repair it.;)

Yes I Know, However I Just want to know if it can be repaired for future reference and how they do it.................. Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

OK Problem Fixed, It is Rather Easy. light sandpaper to both surfaces and added a little flux then Just Soldered it right back on with ( flux and radio shack solder) and a hot soldering Iron Good as new. I got the info from my Friend and a chevrolet Dealer Hope this may help someone else. Thanks Dr C5 Corvette~

OK Problem Fixed, It is Rather Easy. light sandpaper to both surfaces and added a little flux then Just Soldered it right back on with ( flux and radio shack solder) and a hot soldering Iron Good as new. I got the info from my Friend and a chevrolet Dealer Hope this may help someone else. Thanks Dr C5 Corvette~
I had the same problem with my wife's 04 Suburban. I soldered it back on also. Yes, a clean surface does the trick. I also made sure to use a heat sink to protect the glass.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom