Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear license area filler?

jonstr

A question for you ZR1 owners out there. I've had a 91 and 93 ZR1 in the past, but I can't recall this for sure. Isn't there a black plastic filler panel on the rear bumper that goes between the backup lights? This would fill the gaps on each side of a standard US license plate.

If there is, could someone tell me what the dimensions of that filler plate are? I'm trying to determine if that piece will fit in the same area of a Callaway Aerobody.

A question for you ZR1 owners out there. I've had a 91 and 93 ZR1 in the past, but I can't recall this for sure. Isn't there a black plastic filler panel on the rear bumper that goes between the backup lights? This would fill the gaps on each side of a standard US license plate.

If there is, could someone tell me what the dimensions of that filler plate are? I'm trying to determine if that piece will fit in the same area of a Callaway Aerobody.

Josh,

Yes there is. I can tell you that between the license plate and the backup light, it is approximately 2 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall on each side.

Josh,

Yes there is. I can tell you that between the license plate and the backup light, it is approximately 2 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall on each side.

Thanks Rob. The gap on the sides of my plate are a bit wider, about 3". Would it be possible for you to measure the distance between your back up lights? Mine measures 17.5".

If the space on the ZR1 is the same or greater, I can make the part work. If it is less than that, I'll have to fabricate something.

Thanks again.

Mine measures 16" between backup lights.

Mine measures 16" between backup lights.

Rats. I guess I'll have to look at making something. Shouldn't be too tough, all I really need is a flat sheet of textured plastic to fit behind the plate. I just want something to cover the spaces surrounding the license plate. Right now they're body color (yellow) and it just doesn't look right.

Thanks for the quick response!

Rats. I guess I'll have to look at making something. Shouldn't be too tough, all I really need is a flat sheet of textured plastic to fit behind the plate. I just want something to cover the spaces surrounding the license plate. Right now they're body color (yellow) and it just doesn't look right.

jonstr... I wanted to let you know that Rob may not see this immediately because (I think) he's on his way to Carlisle and I'm not sure when he'll check in. I'm glad Aurora was able to give you an answer. :thumb
:wJane Ann

jonstr... I wanted to let you know that Rob may not see this immediately because (I think) he's on his way to Carlisle and I'm not sure when he'll check in. I'm glad Aurora was able to give you an answer. :thumb

Thanks Jane Ann. I wish I was on my way to Carlisle. :mad

what about just painting it black?

Maybe it's easier to armor-all the treads if they are outside the bodywork?
Sounds good to me.:cool

...Or maybe like me they look at it and see nothing wrong with it. :L

To each his own.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom