Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

REMO has passed

I will just echo what previous posters have said more eloquently that I can. I never met Remo or Jane Ann but I can't believe these two are gone now. I enjoyed their friendship and advise through CAC for many year. Makes me consider my own mortality. RIP Remo.

Ron
"Baldie88"

It is another sad day here at the Corvette Action Center. The loss of ”Remo”, losing another Friend and Brother brings too much reality and sadness. Remo was one of the good guys and his sense of humor, at times was almost edgy but almost always right on the mark.

Thru the CruiseFests and here online Remo and I spent quality time discussing the twisted path’s we took and the places we traveled. Remo exemplified what Corvette ownership was all about and never took him self or situations seriously. Life was his marble game and he knew how to flick his marble to get the best results and highest score, even if it was not obvious to all around him.

To know Remo was to enjoy his humor and out look on life. Being around Remo and his buddy Guy will always remind me that life is meant to be fun, exciting worth every minute. Too my good friend Guy my deepest sympathy as well to Remo’s family and friends. God blessed us with his presence.

I will always remember Remo as the ”Distinguished Gentleman” he was and I will never forget that great sense of humor…. Remo will always be one of my ”Supreme Sisters!!” :thumb :pat

Bud

To the top for folks that might have not been on the forum for a couple days.

Just heard about Remo's passing this morning...and as many have mentioned he was a true gentleman in the true sense of the word. We will miss spending time with him at Carlisle each year, as well as his varied and sometimes spirited discussions.

I will always have fond memories of time spent with him, and Guy have a safe trip out to San Diego, with quicksilver. Remo will be right there with you in spirit, watching over you as the miles go by....

Oh noooo.. :cry

Words fail me. Remo was part of The Crew. I am sitting here, deleting, retyping, deleting again.. not sure what to say.

RIP my friend. And :thanks: for all the help (and the ribbing). I will miss you Bob.

-Stefan

Guy: My condolences brother. PM me if you need an ear to talk.

As anyone reads this thread, whether they knew Remo or not, they will obviously figure out Remo was one of the good guys. As has been said, insinuated and eluded too, he will be missed here at CAC as well as in person. I am thoroughly enjoying reading all the responses from those who knew Remo better than I.

Guy, make certain that Bob and you have a safe trip.

It was a great day.

About 30 family members and I remembered Bob this morning. His son Brian spoke,
the three closest nieces had one husband share thier thoughts which at tmes were quite comical.
I was asked to speak so I spoke of past road trips, Bobs humor, the only mud hole Bob hit in Carlisles 84 acres, hitting the panic button on his key fob after seeing some woman sitting on the hood of Quicksilver, the Supremes (the nieces printed and posted that picture at the funeral home), etc.. I read aloud many of your posts. There was more laughter than tears.
Brian followed the hearse in Quicksilver, then me in my Vette followed by everyone else.
A short grave site service and it was over. On to a local restaurant for lunch and the entourage
continued to one of the nieces house for more sharing, laughter and food. A sad day, but we really celebrated Bobs life.

Thank you all. Remo heard you today.
Guy

Sorry to hear of Remo's passing. May he rest in peace.

Roger

former member

It has been close to 5 0r 6 years since I have posted here. My old name was nyernga from Georgia and had the distinct privilege of meeting and spending time with Remo at my first Carlisle event and a Tail of the Dragon run down here. I remember fondly a private conversation he and I had on the balcony of the motel one night at Carlisle and have always treasured the memory of it.

Simply put, he was as genuine as they get.

Rest in peace my friend. Save us al (well most of us) a good parking spot there.

Len Miller

Remo was a big part of our Corvette family here and he always will be. I enjoyed his color conflicts with other members that owned cars of lesser color than Quicksilver. I fondly remember having dinner with him, Guy and several other CAC members at Ft. Wayne when they brought Quicksilver to Lingenfelters for a little warm over. It was a great evening and over way too soon.

I lost my best friend to diabetes about 10 years ago. We were the same age at the time. He had it from childhood too. There are way too many good people taken way too early.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Tom

I am so sad to hear of Remo's passing.
He and Guy were the first CAC'ers that I met at Carlisle.
He was a great wit and was always willing to share the tent that they obviously put up in the wee hours of the morning, since it was in the very best spot on the fairground.
We met several years at the same spot, and stayed at the holiday inn in Mechanicsburg for a few of them. I always looked for Remo and Guy at the bar and usually found them right where they said they would be.
Remo will be missed by his friends and family, I know.
But those who didn't know him don't know what they missed.
Rest in Peace, my friend. :w

My wife and I just learned of Remos passing today from Elaine. To say we were shocked and saddened is an understatement...We would drive our C2 to Carlisle each year and right around the same area and same time each year..two silver flashes would toot and zoom by us, everytime we would head down we would wonder if we would see them and sure enough...there they went. We finally met up at Carlisle and would laugh and joke about us passing each other every year and that began a friendship between us all. Of course Guy messed things up when he got his Crystal red Gs and the two silver flashes were now one and a red flash close behind as always. I will remember laughts at the bar at the Holiday Inn, the smile, jokes and good times. I know Guy was more than a friend, more than a Corvette pal, so to Guy I say..remember the fun and good times. My father said, when you pass..if people say..you were a good man, then you did something in life that touched them. So I will simply put, from my heart, He was a good man and may he rest in peace....

The Final Road trip.....

I was devastated to hear that Remo's funeral would be in the middle of my annual Myrtle Beach golf trip. It was impossible to get out of at such late notice. I know Remo would have understood. However, I do have the humble honor of sharing Quicksilver's final road trip with my friend Guy. Patti and I drove the 8+ hrs up to Massachusettes many times to have dinner and spend some time with Guy and Dawn along with Remo and Paula. My friend, you will be grately missed.

I know I can speak for Guy when I say it would be wonderful if we coiuld stop and say hello to many of Remo's CAC friends along the way out to deliver Quicksilver to Remo's son Brian in the San Diego area, but sadly both time and our schedules simply don't permit the stops. Our final route is still not finalized yet but you can be sure it will be southern since it seems it cant stop snowing in the midwest. But if you see the slim marathon running Guy and an old, bald dude with a gray beard Nut ripping along the Interstates in one bad-ass 2001 Silver Convertible, most likely it's the CAC's boys on the last Quicksilver road trip. I'm sure one of us will be keeping a log and pics of our journey to document on the CAC. We start next Saturday when Guy will pick me up and spend the night at Casa del Nut; in the Peoples Republic of MD, and then on to sunny San Diego.

............ nut

Last edited:
I am so happy to hear that Brian will be getting Quicksilver. This inanimate object, that Corvette, actually almost seemed human to those of us who knew Remo, Guy and the Liegenfelter Corvette, doesn't it?! It is so fitting to know that Quicksilver lives on!

Thanks, Nut and Guy, for delivering it for Remo. I look forward to a log and pictures of its journey.

Elaine

Godspeed, and happy trails to both you Nut, and Guy......Ken

I know Remo would be happy to know his car is going on this venture, and will be driven by his special friends...good luck Nut and Guy...be safe...

Thanks everyone. Quicksilver was Brian's "rental car" while he was out here making those
McDonalds runs for his Dad 3 times a day. :rotfl
As a tribute to Remo, this will either be Nut & Guy's excellent adventure or rest areas we know and love. :)

Thanks everyone. Quicksilver was Brian's "rental car" while he was out here making those
McDonalds runs for his Dad 3 times a day. :rotfl
As a tribute to Remo, this will either be Nut & Guy's excellent adventure or rest areas we know and love. :)

Knowing you two it'll be rest areas.........:)

Len

Knowing you two it'll be rest areas.........:)

Len

And you are still and will always be, no matter what you do......a putz! ;LOL

I've lost 80 lbs and run marathons. What do you do?
Never mind, this thread is about Remo.

I wish we had time to stop in, Len, it would be like old times. Hey, I'll be back later.....I gotta go. :D

And you are still and will always be, no matter what you do......a putz! ;LOL

I've lost 80 lbs and run marathons. What do you do?
Never mind, this thread is about Remo.

I wish we had time to stop in, Len, it would be like old times. Hey, I'll be back later.....I gotta go. :D

Just make sure Nut stays out of trouble.....and drive safe my friend..........:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom