Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Renegade

I love the idea of EFI and duals (TBs). :cool!:

I really do.:drool:

I'd love to have an intake that was capable of making good power with CFI because of the throwback cool factor that CFI offers. Heck- I would even buy a Renegade right now- yes, even though I don't have the car- because if it works even just a little better than stock, it would be worth holding on to until I had a car. I'd settle up later in terms of getting a car that it would fit on (ie- an L83 '82). It wouldn't be the first time I acquired parts for a car I didn't yet have. :D

So... kudos to Buc for getting it in production and having folks lined up who are buying it. That takes a dream and determination. I can respect a guy who is willing to take that kinda risk and be a success.

Thanks Kane. It's been a "very" long road on this project and "very" expensive as well. We never set out to be in the manufacturing business...it just kind of happened and evolved into its own beast. We just picked up were Pat left off with the Xram and made a better mouse trap as it were. Some would dispute that, but so be it.

To date, we have not received any negative feedback on our product that I'm aware of and everyone seems to be happy with their purchase. The only thing that has been negative in anyway in relation to our manifold has been the amount of time it took to get one. Once again, that is/has been totally beyond our control. We CAN NOT force the foundry to pour any faster, force the machinist to machine them any faster or force the pattern maker to make a spec change quicker. We are at their mercy on these two items. It makes us look bad because of this, but there's nothing we can do.

If you all knew what was involved in the making of a manifold of this type, nobody would "ever" make comments about our product from a manufacturing standpoint. Example: We make a small pattern change, there's a week or more for that. Next, we have to schedule a meeting with them to check out the work/progress, another week goes by. Then it finally goes to the foundry to make a casting, check it and make a test pour, another two weeks maybe more goes by. After a test pour, we pick it up and delivery it to our machinist. It will be another week or possibly more before we can schedule a meeting with him to see if everything we made a change to is good or bad. Do the math, it takes a huge amount of time to make the smallest change or tweak. Now, do this over and over again during development and you can quickly see how time can add up and push things back. Now add in all the other things that can go wrong and we are now way behind the power curve on our deliveries. That in very simple form what we've had to deal with.

I didn't come here to banter back and forth on any of my posts or pound anything nor will I, but rather just set a few misconceptions straight from a real company spokesperson and not hearsay from keyboard commandos.

We have not gotten the manifold C.A.R.B. certified...yet. It does have all the provisions required though if your state is an emissions type state. We went out of our way in the design to make that happen. I'd like to say that during our testing, we have the data from the emissions stations in AZ that would support a pass condition, but all the vehicles used in our tests were emissions exempt both the 82 and 84 models used. So for now, we are selling it as an off-road equipment item for that reason. Cross-sectional area values have not been officially published by us yet.

Hopefully this helps.:beer

Buccaneer, your response here is GREATLY appreciated. :cool!: There has been so much "talk" here and it has caused a bit of "unrest" with the locals. Your participation has calmed some of that unrest. We truly appreciate you input and hope that you will continue to keep us updated and abreast (no pun intended :chuckle) of your work.

Hi all, As I understood it, Arizona has now put back its emission testing requirements to anything manufactured since 1967. When I lived there, until '98 it was '75. Does my memory let me down ?....Roger.

Hi all, As I understood it, Arizona has now put back its emission testing requirements to anything manufactured since 1967. When I lived there, until '98 it was '75. Does my memory let me down ?....Roger.

As it stands today, Arizona emissions law says if your vehicle is 1967 or newer, you have to have an emission test done in certain county's. If your vehicle is five years or newer you do not have to put your vehicle on the rollers, just plug into the test port and check for a CEL code.

There is a movement in Arizona that is trying to push a Bill through to have the law changed to if your vehicle is 25 years or older, no emission test required. I'm in favor of that for sure even though I have a tune for my 383 CFI motor to pass emissions with no issues. I just had mine tested about a month ago and passed so I'm good to go for another two years or register it as a collector vehicle and not ever have to worry about it again. No update on how the new Bill is doing that I know of. Maybe someone else knows more on this topic.

On another note...Out of the blue we get a call from none other than Joe Rode which I had just mentioned the other day in a post. He is indeed not working with/at Super Chevy magazine anymore and is with another company dealing with the auto industry. He is still very much interested in our manifold and further talks with him will be had. More on this if possible later. We have so much going on, that its hard to keep up with everything, but I guess that's a good thing these days. :beer

Anyone who reads your posts will come to the "logical conclusion" that they should run away and hide from it. You appear to be ready to buy anything that comes along, and praise it's glory with no factual, before and after data, to back up any performance gains that you state.If you really want to help the Renegade (which I believe you actually do), then you may want to consider quit posting about it. ;)
What is the point of your post?Yes I bought a renegade but for your XXXXXXXXXXXX of the product in question. I didn't just run out and buy it I researched and acquired information on the product and I was emailed some photos and data that you obviously don't have.For a guy that calls himself a master technician, you should be able to figure out that an intake manifold with larger tapered runners, larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors would improve performance. Forum members like my posts I get PMed about how much they enjoy my comments. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

nelson84 said:
Forum members like my posts I get PMed about how much they enjoy my comments.

Really? Cuz, on the forum, you're pretty much a one man band. Those guys should jump in to support you - really!

Really? Cuz, on the forum, you're pretty much a one man band. Those guys should jump in to support you - really!
No, they know I don't like being made a fuss over. I know I'm great and the rest of you know it all so. Why state the obvious.

nelson84, personal attacks are not tolerated. Nothing about LLC5's post merits your insults. Please remove your rude comments or I will do so.

-Mac

No, they know I don't like being made a fuss over. I know I'm great and the rest of you know it all so. Why state the obvious.

I won't make a fuss over you either. Another insult-laden response like the one I just modified and you'll be banned for a week.

-Mac

What is the point of your post?Yes I bought a renegade but for your XXXXXXXXXXXX of the product in question. I didn't just run out and buy it I researched and acquired information on the product and I was emailed some photos and data that you obviously don't have.For a guy that calls himself a master technician, you should be able to figure out that an intake manifold with larger tapered runners, larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors would improve performance. Forum members like my posts I get PMed about how much they enjoy my comments. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yep, I am a master tech and "larger tapered runners, and larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors" (what ever that means) will not automatically improve performance.

I can see that your thorough research of the product is based on internet photos and data, and you are correct in that I do not have your acquired data. You would also be correct in assuming that I would not make a purchase based on those parameters.

I am glad forum forum members like your posts, and also the fact that you get PM'd about them continuously. You may however want to contact Renegade, and get their opinon on your posts about the obvious support of their product, as they may not feel the same way. Just a suggestion. ;)

Yep, I am a master tech and "larger tapered runners, and larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors" (what ever that means) will not automatically improve performance. I can see that your thorough research of the product is based on internet photos and data, and you are correct in that I do not have your acquired data. You would also be correct in assuming that I would not make a purchase based on those parameters. I am glad forum forum members like your posts, and also the fact that you get PM'd about them continuously. You may however want to contact Renegade, and get their opinon on your posts about the obvious support of their product, as they may not feel the same way. Just a suggestion. ;)
I just answered a few questions people ask on this thread, I said I own a renegade and I like it then someone wanted to see pictures of it installed so the nice guy I am I put a few pics up. With this intake I get a 0-60 in the 5.5 to 5.7 range and a best 1/4 mile time of 13.98. I think it is alot better than 15.3 but everyone is entitled to an opinion, atleast last time I checked.

Oh I love this stuff.
:happyanim:
My 2001 V6 Camaro runs 13.6s with a much smaller engine and more weight...both the car itself and my fat ass in it.

Hey Mike,(whalepirot). Remember us talking about this when I dropped by your place. You've gotta say it's amusing ? Good to see you and your piece of art !......Roger.

Hey Mike,(whalepirot). Remember us talking about this when I dropped by your place. You've gotta say it's amusing ? Good to see you and your piece of art !......Roger.
So what did Mike think of this?

Any news on the renegade or other renegade users.

Post deleted by owner...

If he had done a tune, chip, fuel pump change, and 1.6 roller rockers would he have gained half of that 30 HP without the new intake? I've seen figures between 12 and 15 HP for just those rocker changes on a good tune, so is that about normal? Or did he use new light weight valve spring caps and new springs to help it along? What were the actual test numbers at what RPM and how many days apart were they? Was there any kind of tune done before the first dyno run?By the way the statement under the Wazeer car only says roller rockers and not 1.6 roller rockers?? Still rather loose "facts" for anyone to make a decision to buy a Renegade manifold.

In re: the 84 with the fuel pump change, the one-six rockers and the Renegade...to what fuel pump did he change?

On a 350 with a stock or mild cam 1.6:1 rockers on both intake and exhaust is going to gain 7-12 hp depending on the cam and the calibration, so based only on that Canadian test, a Renegade could be good for 15-20 hp.

"Buccaneer"...can you post the dyno sheets from the Canadian test....not just the change in peak power but the full power and torque curves?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom