Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Security Lockout

A

Alan1949

I have a 1998 coupe. It starts and then cuts out. It sat all winter. The readout above steering wheel reads low voltage, service soon, low fuel, low tire pressure etc etc. At first it would stay running at idle but would cut out if I tried to drive it. Now it just starts up and quits. It has a brand new battery, 800cca 110 reserve. It had the recall done because the wheel does not lock. I have taken the neg cable off , didn't help. what can I do?

Alan, first off welcome to CAC. You'll find lots of help here....unfortunately not from me. Since you said the battery was new, I only assume that it is fully charged. I know that there are seveeral ground points on the C5, have you checked, cleaned and re-tightened them? By removing the ground cable you probably cleared any codes set. But you might want to try and pull any codes from the computer.

Hopefully someone will jump in here soon and give you some more suggestions.

Yes it is fully charged. I do not know where the ground points are. I pulled some codes b4 I changed the battery. They were: PCM 1516 H, 1626 HC ( theft deterrent fuel enable circuit), TCS C1255 H, C1278 H, IPC U1160 H C, U1176 H C, U 1040 H, AD-LCDM U1064 H, U 1016, A1-RDCM B2237 H, U 1064 H, U 1016 H. BCM No Communication. It seems to point towards the security system, but I do not know. I hate to have it towed to the dealer and be at their mercy and $$$. I can turn a wrench and have built several street rods. So again HELP!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom