Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shark sounds and videos

Now see, I read this post now I wanna play. So last night I took my drivin' buddy along with my Digital8 video camera. As soon as I can get the video pulled down and converted to MPEG, I'll get it to someone for posting. I have some nice highway runs at WOT, 1st-2nd tire chirps, a few "light 'em up!" clips, and the ever popular "annoy the people next to and behind you under a bridge by doing a full throttle 1st gear run up to 5500RPM".

Unfortunately, the only downside to all this is that 1)I had the T-tops off, so anything on the higway past 65mph starts to become white noise. And being under the bridge is SO DEAFENING that it's just too much for the mic to handle. I'll have to probably go external mic w/filter to really get the sounds. Or we'll all just play around at SharkFest...heheheh.... :bu

ZZ4 with headers and straight back exhaust...pain has never sounded so beautiful... :_rock

Great files!! I saved a couple to send to friends.....

I have noticed the same thing as several of you...that my LS-5 will yaw to the left on hard launches.....aka...burnouts. Once I actually did a 360 spin cause I didn't let off soon enough. :bu
So...I'm wondering is there anything we can do to insure a straighter track coming off the line?? Are drags slicks the answer? Information??? Anyone???

:w

Evolution1980- Ok let's get downloading :D you can email them to me if you like and I'll add them to the list.

Ken- still waiting for yours! :D hint, hint...

Stryker_78- thanks!

Brad- if you have some good ones let me know, I'll add them.

OK...I finally got a few clips available. They are kinda tricky unless you are relative 'net-inclined, but I think I've made it as easy as possible without getting into FTP transfers and what not. Basically, if you copy this URL to you web browser, I believe you'll be able to access my files.

ftp://corvette:sounds@68.69.221.18:21
ARGH...darn smilies! that should be ": s", but no spaces...

If it doesn't work, try removing the :21 from the end of the line.

Once there, you'll want to right-click on the file and do a SAVE AS.
NOTE: One set of files are WAV (over 1MB each) and the others are MP3 (about 0.2MB each)

Scott81 you can FTP right in. I'll assume you know how to use the info I gave above. If it's not working for anyone, I'll just email them to Scott81 and you can pull them down from his website.

Personally, it's like hearing your son or daughter's first recital. I was just so proud of the sounds my baby made...

Evolution1980- I tried this morning to get them, one way asks for a user name and password, the other ways I tried would go to "setting passive mode" then just hang......no luck. If you want to email me a link that's fine, or email the files, either way is fine.

scott@c3sharktank.com

Scott81,

If you are getting hung on PASSIVE mode, just change that setting in your FTP client. There are usually 3 settings for PASV/Firewall mode. I think you need to turn off passive mode to get into my site due to the way I have my firewall setup.

But check your email, I have emailed you the zip with the files.

Evolution1980-

OK, well silly me just neglected to get an FTP program and I was just using Internet Exploder :D got the email so it all worked out. The sound files are posted HERE for everyones listening pleasure :D Thanks for sending them!

Those are cool Scott. The beast sounds great. We sure would like to see ya in BG
Jeff

Jeff- thanks! I sure wish I was going to be there too :cry but my tyrant boss seems to think that I should be at work instead, some people have no sense of priorities :( I'm still working on getting him to change the schedule but I don't think Brutus can change his now, he'll be here while I'm off the weeks before the Shark Fest. You guys are always welcome to drop in here in the land of blue haired Q-tips :r

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom