Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sharkfest update, got on the dyno today

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Yep, Nikki, BBB454 (Barb), and RalleyRed (Rick) talked me into putting Killer on the mobile Dyno from Breathless Performance. They also got in on the action.

To tell you the truth, I was severly dissapointed with my numbers. For now, I will just keep those to myself. One thing did make me feel better. A fellow was there with a supercharged C4. He said it dynoed over 100 less hp today than it did last year.

In any event. We had a blast bringing the three sharks into the back lot and running the dyno back to back. Barb has a georgeous car, and Ricks is a real beauty.

Here are some pics.

This pic is my set up on the dyno.

Here is BBB454. I think they said she was the only lady to put her car through the dyno run.

Oooooops.

I messed up. That last pic was Barb again.

Let's see if this one is Rick.

Working this itty bitty lap top keyboard is tricky with my stubby little fingers.

Wait a minute Chris.....

you lure us in with the dyno bait and then you leave us hanging

:SLAP

Come on and give up the goods

Brett

Aww man Chris, no numbers.....................Bummer! But Killer looks good up on the Dyno.
Barb looks good in her Vette. She must be a true car nut to get it Dynoed! High Five Barb!
Hope you keep us posted how its going up there.
Posse Bro back in Fl

I wish I was there!! See you at OctoberVette (Maybe there will be a dyno there???).

Rick

Black Thunder said:
Barb looks good in her Vette. She must be a true car nut to get it Dynoed! High Five Barb!

Thanks!

I wish every CAC person could be here with us, we're having a blast! It's really great to be able to put names with faces and "real" personalities... :L And everyone is so nice (not that I didn't expect that).

I want to thank Chris, Nikki, Rick, Ken and especially my hubby Steve for giving me the push that I needed to get up on the dyno. Once I was up there it was fun, just getting the Blue Beast backed up the ramps made my heart beat a little hard & fast (I'll share the story why later).

Anyway, I think all of us agree with Chris that the dyno was off somehow. I expected to have at least 300 hp but it only showed 285.

Well, I'm going to go get ready for another day of fun!
We'll share more pics & stories later...
Barb :w

Sounds like a blast!!

Congrats to you all.. still too much fun Chris and Nikki.
Good sport Barb. Braggin' rights are just relative numbers one against the other on any given day!
How come it looks like Rick has whitewalls on the rear? :) Goin' too fast??

Hi Chris, too bad your not happy with your dyno numbers. To tell you the truth I'm not completely satisfied with mine either. I got 541 hp and 552 tq at flywheel. My engine guy said more power can be found with bigger injectors and new chip, whadda ya think will Edelbrock ever provide us new set of bigger injectors and new chip?:duh

All of them look great up on the dyno. I guess Chris will keep us in suspense. Thanks for the pictures! Can't wait to hear your story Barb

Man, I do not think this green will ever wash off. You guys must be havin the time of your life! Enjoy, and think about me, stuck in suburbia!

groovyjay said:
Hi Chris, too bad your not happy with your dyno numbers. To tell you the truth I'm not completely satisfied with mine either. I got 541 hp and 552 tq at flywheel. My engine guy said more power can be found with bigger injectors and new chip, whadda ya think will Edelbrock ever provide us new set of bigger injectors and new chip?:duh

We stuck around and talked to other vendors there late yesterday. Everyone I talked to that dynoed this weekend came up with low numbers. I was later told by another competing vendor not to trust any numbers out of that particular dyno machine.

Believe it or not, it was a Mustang brand dyno.

I will chat with Edelbrock over this next week and see what they know. To tell you the truth, I am not all that worried. I know when I lay the hammer down, she pulls as hard as a mule, and I don't need a dyno to confirm that.

We will see........

That is just plum rude not to give up the numbers. I guess I can understand. I will get my car back tommorrow and will be looking for a dyno myself.
Speaking of that does anyone know of a good dyno shop in the SoCal area? Riverside or Hesperia, Cali would be esp nice.
Thanks anyway.

69MyWay when I get my 402 checked maybe we can swap #'s.
Ashman

69MyWay said:

We stuck around and talked to other vendors there late yesterday. Everyone I talked to that dynoed this weekend came up with low numbers. I was later told by another competing vendor not to trust any numbers out of that particular dyno machine.

Believe it or not, it was a Mustang brand dyno.

I will chat with Edelbrock over this next week and see what they know. To tell you the truth, I am not all that worried. I know when I lay the hammer down, she pulls as hard as a mule, and I don't need a dyno to confirm that.

We will see........

A MUSTANG DYNO?! :crazy

Please keep me informed what the guys at Edelbrock will have to say.:beer

I will make you guys a deal. I will be more than happy to post the whimpy dyno numbers after I have a re-run with the car at a local dyno to get a better handle on what I am seeing.

Right now, I feel like the numbers, be it 175 hp to 575 hp don't really matter as something just was not right (either my car or the machine).

I will post back to this thread when I get another run. Until then, I will just keep my dirty little secret out of print on the web.

Find a dyno near you!

http://smokemup.com/

Go to the Dyno Locator link/page.

I'm going to get mine dynoed before I put it away for the winter. One reason is to see how much HP/Torque I lose through the driveline, and then compare it again once I have the 700R4 put in. I heard from one person (whom I didn't know) that the 700R4 has the highest drivetrain losses of any tranny. So we'll see. I may lose RWHP, but doesn't matter much if I'm faster overall...

Chris, I forgot which cam series you went with. Was it Performer or Performer RPM?

This should stress the point for me, when it's my turn to pick my camshaft.

--Bullitt

Bullitt said:
Chris, I forgot which cam series you went with. Was it Performer or Performer RPM?

This should stress the point for me, when it's my turn to pick my camshaft.

--Bullitt

Performer RPM

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom