Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shelby ownr nu to vetts from PalmSpringsSCalifornia

• Thread starter PalmSpringsAreaRealestate
  • Start date
P

PalmSpringsAreaRealestate

Well, I have alot to learn as im starting from ground zero.
I got my start with automobiles while in highschool 1963-67. The mustang came out and i was hooked on it. Eventually I bought a Shelby in 1972 and have owned to date 65,66,68,69s w/ one convertible and a 289 cobra.

Though not an active member since abt 81,
i have belonged to the Shelby American Automobile club (SAAC)since about 1973 when it was called SOA ,as i recall. I attended national SAAC events when they were held in California only. At those, from about 1978-81 I won "Peoples Choice for my class at two of them w/ a 69 GT-350 4sp Convertible. I quit participation of any kind after 1980 until the recent national convention at Sanbernadino raceway in about 2005 . My Shelbys were put on non op in 81 and sat garaged until..well to date.
I sold off all but my 69 fb and conv.which i'll probably keep for a while longer.

I've never even sat in a vett until this year. I was impressed just how my recently purchased 88 cpe drove. I cant imagine how other models are to drive .

I know nothing about vetts and though ive been reading among 3 forums for vetts for a couple days now, I only now know what c1-c6 vetts refers to. Oh and c4s w/ digital dashes have lots of electrical issues. Ive got the blinking thing going on,even after re grounding of the battery.

I still like Shelbys,but I ve missed alot not getting into vetts sooner.
Are there any owners of vetts on this site that live in or around the Palm Springs Area? I would like to attend some events no matter how small if near palmSprings.

smilies-42650.png

... and the world of Corvettes! Lots of nice people around here who are always willing to share knowledge and information about their rides.

Here's a link to the CAC webpage for your 1988 model Corvette. Your Vette belongs to the fourth generation - thus the "C4" you'll hear it referred to as frequently. The webpage I linked to above contains several topics specific to your Vette's generation and model year.

Enjoy your Corvette and the forums!
:w And by the way.... you DO know about the "WAVE" right???

It's a tradition among Corvette owners to wave at other Corvette owners. Not everyone practices it, so don't take it personal if your wave isn't always returned.

Jane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!

Corvette limo

Thanks for the welcome

I was in Tahoe a few years back and ran into a corvette limo. The owner said it had been made for don johnson(actor). I took a picture of it and i'll post it,when i can find it and when i get a chance. i have a string of days i have to work out of town but i'll do it as soon as i can.
Anyone know of this vet?
John

Thanks for the welcome

I was in Tahoe a few years back and ran into a corvette limo. The owner said it had been made for don johnson(actor). I took a picture of it and i'll post it,when i can find it and when i get a chance. i have a string of days i have to work out of town but i'll do it as soon as i can.
Anyone know of this vet?
John
its easier to apologize than ask for permission

Welcome to the :CAC

I don't know about any Corvette groups in your neck of the woods, however there are plenty of vette groups out there. We have a lil' collection of Cali Corvette people here. I'm sure if you check out the regional forums you can find some people and check in with them.

As for you liking of both Cobras and Corvettes, you might want to drop ChevyAddict a PM. She's into vettes and her boyfriend is into Cobras. They maaay be able to point you in a direction. Or not... :L

Again, Welcome!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your vette. May it lead to many more.

Tammy

Welcome to the Corvette world you will never be the same. To each their own but give me the CORVETTE, but I may be forced to drive an AC Shelby.

Bill :w and don't forget to wave when you pass another Corvette, it's tradition.

welcome to the wonderful world of corvettes and the also wonderful world of the cac. Iknow you will enjoy the club.:) :) :) :) :) :L :L Billy

Congrats on your Vette... America's first sports car! and Welcome to CAC!!

:CAC

Welcome to CAC. This is the best forum to be a part of if you own a Corvette. Both are addictive!!!

Welcome to the Forum!! :upthumbs They're great for getting up to speed on all Vette things and you will also meet a lot of new friends. :beer

You have owned some real pieces of history! Well welcome to the world of Corvette. I think you enjoy it nearly as much as Shelby ownership.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom