Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...she's home

*89x2*

Friday night, I received the latest Callaway Twin Turbo that we purchased - completely gone through and running stronger than imagined :eek it is a stormer!

My wife thought the car was too fast, and considering it is for her, that may pose as a problem :confused

It looks sharp and has all the right stuff! FX3 Adj. suspension, Sport Leather, Dual Pwr Seats, Z51, Big Brakes, Big Wonderbar, Callaway COILovers, Stainless exhaust manifolds, on, and on...

More to follow - in the meantime, here are a couple pics - Enjoy! :v

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmm...

That garage is way too clean!...

did the Red one get booted? or is it in deep freeze?

-Luigi
:cool

Nice ride , :)

I thought the 40th Anniversary was Natascha's car.
but that is also a shifter. right ?

I have a beautiful 86 black coupe automatic , wanna trade ? :D just kidding !

Wished Mariska wanted a Vette so I could give her mine and buy a SNAT quicker than the 4-5 years I am scheduling for now.

Beautiful car! Would love to see what she's hiding underneath that hood...:D I hope you enjoy your newest addition as much as the others.

Keep us posted if you make it to a dyno or down the strip anytime soon.

Congratulations,
Justin

easycreeper said:
Beautiful car! Would love to see what she's hiding underneath that hood...:D I hope you enjoy your newest addition as much as the others.

Keep us posted if you make it to a dyno or down the strip anytime soon.

Congratulations,
Justin

Justin, maybe I will hit the track before the year is out - we were going to go this past weekend however, Tropical Storm Tammy rained that out :(

Here is an under-hood shot :cool

lots of porting & polishing :cool

Justin, how is your Callaway - been driving / enjoying the heck out of it I hope :cool :v

attachment.php

Jeroenvgfn said:
Nice ride , :)

I thought the 40th Anniversary was Natascha's car.
but that is also a shifter. right ?

I have a beautiful 86 black coupe automatic , wanna trade ? :D just kidding !

Wished Mariska wanted a Vette so I could give her mine and buy a SNAT quicker than the 4-5 years I am scheduling for now.

Thnaks for the compliments - it is a nicer car than I recalled when I dropped it off - I had only spent a couple hours with her by then...

40th is correct on the SNAT - it is a 6-speed :cool The black one is an automatic :cool

Chris,

LOVE the new ride!!!! I hope you and your wife enjoy the heck out of it! Is that thing running coilover suspension?

Daniel

*89x2* said:
My wife thought the car was too fast, and considering it is for her, that may pose as a problem :confused

Tell her I will trade her straight up for mine...My car isn't too fast, oh and it is black too :D .

Geez, look at all that dirt on the intake! Why don't you drop it off over here for a few days. I'll clean it up for you and polish the rear tires for free... ;)

Tony C said:
What,no NACAS?Looking good.See you soon.

Tony, no NACA's =- this one is another 1989 TT :cool
Daniel Mc said:
Chris,

LOVE the new ride!!!! I hope you and your wife enjoy the heck out of it! Is that thing running coilover suspension?

Daniel

Thanks - and yes, it has the Callaway Coilovers and BIG Wonderbar :eek

Vettefan87 said:
Tell her I will trade her straight up for mine...My car isn't too fast, oh and it is black too :D .
Thanks, but I already have another black C4 (1989) :w :m

Aurora40 said:
Geez, look at all that dirt on the intake! Why don't you drop it off over here for a few days. I'll clean it up for you and polish the rear tires for free... ;)

Don't know about the tire polishing but sure, clean it / shine it up anytime :m

*89x2* said:
Justin, maybe I will hit the track before the year is out - we were going to go this past weekend however, Tropical Storm Tammy rained that out :(

Here is an under-hood shot :cool

lots of porting & polishing :cool

Justin, how is your Callaway - been driving / enjoying the heck out of it I hope :cool :v

Chris,

I have indeed been enjoying the crap out of my new baby. Was able to let her stretch her legs on a clear highway early Saturday morning. Did a 50 to 141MPH roll on to redline in 4th gear. Man did that thing get there quick!! I'm talking about mere seconds whereas my other trip north of 140 in the 95 took days. The car accelerated so quickly that the digital speedo was jumping in increments of 6-8MPH trying to keep up!:_rock Oh, how I wish there were two more gears...

Sweet engine bay! Looks to be basically stock, but some know better than that...;). What kind of radiator is that? I just ordered a new aluminum unit from Callaway this morning...

Keep us posted on the happenings of this new beast!

Justin

Nice addition to stable. I think you got a fair deal especially with the LPE upgrades. How do you like the auto? Is that the 400 turbo? I sure you will be polishing on it soon. :_rock

*89x2* said:
Friday night, I received the latest Callaway Twin Turbo that we purchased - completely gone through and running stronger than imagined :eek it is a stormer!

It looks sharp and has all the right stuff! FX3 Adj. suspension, Sport Leather, Dual Pwr Seats, Z51, Big Brakes, Big Wonderbar, Callaway COILovers, Stainless exhaust manifolds, on, and on...

More to follow - in the meantime, here are a couple pics - Enjoy! :v

attachment.php

attachment.php

RedmanF1, I do find the transmission interesting, holds boost nicely :eek

It is a 700r4 from www.rosslertrans.com - I had a 700r4 in my 383 TA and had no issues in 45k mi :upthumbs

I have not really had a chance to drive it otherwise, as it has been raining a ton here :( I did take Mike from Callaway for a ride and had to back off as it went into each gear :eek

Car should run like a champ though, Callaway Cars did a fantastic job w/ the car over the past few months, addressing everything that it possibly needed - I will add this however to clear things up a bit - upon review of the paperwork, the previous owner spent tens of thousands of $$ on the drivetrain ,to which a great deal of the components had part #'s begining w/ "CAL" or others (like the Rossler trans). I further feel that after being back to Old Lyme the past few months, the car retains its original heritage now more than ever :cool
Hopefully my wife will drive the car - I bought it for her...

I thought it might be too much power even for the rossler 700. I bet it is nice to have the extra gear for cruse speeds. Sharp car

Redmanf1 said:
I thought it might be too much power even for the rossler 700. I bet it is nice to have the extra gear for cruse speeds. Sharp car

The main work was done on the car at the very end of 1996 (15k mi ago) - the previous owner stated that there was never an issues w/ the Rossler trans, just as I had zero isses w/ the one behind my 383 stroker :upthumbs

Chris is this the one you are bringing to the Forced Induction meet in Rockville MD if you come? Hope to see you and one of your beautiful Callaway TT's there hanging out with other turbo s/c freaks :D should be a good time.

Hooters at 11am Nov 5th :beer

Congrats to both you and Natascha. Always nice to see more women "get in the game" and with a TT no less!

Jeremy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom