Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

silicone air coupler in place of accordian one what is the little hole for in the sto

B

broncos872

the stock accordian style coupler has a little hole on the driver side of the coupler where some type of sensor was before. the silicone new one does not have a hole at all. should i put a hole in the silicone coupler, leave it alone, or what. also, i have the donaldson kit, tb bypass kit, mat sensor relocation, anyone else have positives or negatives about this set up thanks a lot.

H ithere,
Where is the intake air temperature sensor mounted now????
If there is a plug there, and no sensor, I would not bother to put a hole in the new coupling.
Just locate your intake air temperature sensor, and make sure it is mounted in the air stream.
Besttoyou, and please keep us posted, c4c5:hb

I have the same thing and I put a hole in it for the sensor because there was no where else to put it. You should put a hole in it for the sensor.

I helped a friend put one of those couplers on his C5. We followed the instructions and it had us reroute the hose that went into that hose to a hose undet the right engine cover. It worked fine. Look again at the instructions. Real men don't need no stinkin instructions, but real old men do. I read em.

MAT sensor

The best thing to do is relocate the sensor somewhere ahead of the Mass Air Flow Sensor. The hole you will need to drill. I believe it is a 7/8" hole. You better field measure your old one just to make sure.

MAT Sensor

The best thing to do is relocate the sensor somewhere ahead of the Mass Air Flow Sensor. The hole you will need to drill. I believe it is a 7/8" hole. You better field measure your old one just to make sure. You will need to reuse the old rubber grommet for a nice tight fit. Just make sure that you put it in a place where heat will not affect it, in the air stream.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom