Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So Sick of Winter

Iroc2Vette

Corvette
2013 Z06 1LZ
So I decided to back my Vette out of the garage to, as the British might say, 'keep the works going around.' Welp, I backed out of the garage and I thought I'd shoveled enough. The car stopped moving. I started getting a sinking feeling. I put the gear lever in 1rst and the only things that moved were the tach and speedo. Oooooohhhhhh $h#t!
willy_nilly.gif
I'm stuck! As a dude, I've always wanted to be maybe 6'1 or 6'2. But, that afternoon, I was soooooo glad I'm only 5'10. Otherwise, I would've been trapped in the car, as there was a wall of snow next to the driver side door. I had no choice but to get out the passenger side. I had to do this several times to put down grit and shovel enough in front of the rear right wheel to let the posi grab some traction. I actually got pretty fast getting in and out after 2x. But, man, I had to really contort myself to keep from putting my full weight on the console and scuffing the dash with my shoes. I finally was able to rock it back into the garage. I had to use 2nd gear and turn off the TC to keep from bogging and loosing momentum.

I though I'd never get it back in!! That it was going to have to sit half way out of the garage until spring!!

So, lesson learned. The Vette's gonna stay put until probably April. Sigh...Spring can't come soon enough. I'm going through serious withdrawals!

I cannot believe that, living in CT, you took your car out of the garage at this time of year!! Just put it on a trickle charger and leave it alone!!!!! I live just south of Boston so you know what we've had in just 2 weeks for snowfall...and another foot expected this weekend. We can't even get into our garage but we know the Corvettes are doing very well on trickle chargers/battery tenders. :L

Elaine

We had temps in the 70's on Friday, Saturday and Sunday last week, suppose to be 70 this Saturday but then the bottom is suppose to fall out early next week.

Last edited:
Yea, not to rub it in.....well, yea, I'm rubbing it in :)D), I've driven the Corvette several times this week. Put new shoes on Monday, Took it for a short drive to check them out. Tuesday, I took it over to the "city" to have the alignment checked, put 60 or so miles on it. Yesterday, had to take it for a short drive in order to swap the wifes' DD and the Corvette on the lift. Won't get to take it out today as I'm stuck at school for P-T conferences until 8pm.

Might have a chance to drive this weekend though. Like JRose said, bottom is supposed to drop out next week.

Pictures would be good with this post!

:D

100 inches of snow since Mid January with a blizzard this weekend .With sub zero temps we had to cancel the annual naked snow shoe races till march 6th.

DSC01516.jpg DSC_0381.jpg Hoping to be thawed out by June!

I ain't skeerd of no snow and ice!:thumb

:D

Attachments

• IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 87
I'm glad no one video recorded me trying to get out of the Vette. They could've easily used it for a means of extortion with YouTube! LOL!! It probably looked like the car was giving birth to me.

Anyway, this is the way Mr. Z is going to stay for the duration of the season as shown in the picture. I'm going to start it this weekend and heat things up, but, it's not going to move. I was just trying to roll the car a bit just to keep the seals lubed and everything formed including the tires. Oh well, as mentioned, lesson learned. The back is really dirty and gritty, but, I don't want to get that stuff off until I can float it off with a hose. I don't want to rub those areas.

GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

At least the season allowed me to get one of my rims refinished. It caught a bad rash from a piece of loose masonry out on a road used as a detour from a local main road. The place I took it to did a fantastic job. Here a a couple of picts:

image1.jpg IMG_0311.jpg
The funny thing was when I brought the rim into the shop, the guy there said I was one of the first guys to NOT blame the wife for the damage. I said I'd no choice because I'm no married. So I had to own this one. LOL! At least I no longer have to cringe in self denial every time I walk past it in the garage. And the color match is about perfect with the other rims. Hard to do because it's a silver metallic. I hope like hell this never happens again, but, if it does, I know where to go back to. Much less expensive than buying a new 19" x 12"!!

The temp here today was only 14 at noon!! And more snow this weekend. I heard the Boston and Worcester areas got hammered with all the past snow storms. I've done a lot of shoveling myself. I have a 165' long driveway I shovel out myself. I look at it as a great opportunity for a terrific upper body workout. And the best thing is EMS didn't have to peel me off the pavement after I was done! :rotfl

Iroc2vett, be sure to put a trickle charger or battery tender on that Corvette or you are very likely to find it dead in the Spring, and it doesn't take long for that to happen. There are many things still running in the car even though it isn't turned on. It won't take long for the battery to die so if you don't already have one, please get one today and hook it up! You do NOT have to start the Corvette at all during the winter. Just leave it alone! :)

By the way, I see you're a member of the Club Corvette of CT. They are a great group of people, and I know many of them very well. Wouldn't miss their July show either!

Elaine

Temperatures here have been in the 60s; last night the bottom dropped out. The winds according to my weather station hit 26 MPH and the temperature was 16F.

That is the bad news; the good news is the blower loves cold air.. :L

Must have hit a sore spot!:D

Haven't seen double digit temperatures in almost a week... Everything is a shitty color of white! UGH... :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom