Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spray-on bubbling foam wheel cleaners

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
I have seen some of these advertised and was wondering if work for moving the deposits which accumlate quickly from one's brakes. I am no talking about show condition, just something which can be sprayed on, allowed to sit a few minutes and then hosed off. Viola! The brake deposits are gone.

Is there such an item on the market?

Thanks

I have used armor-all spray wheel cleaner - but(!), you MUST use caution, as it can cause spotting if left on - it does an amazing job though on alumn. clearcoated wheels :cool

i Would use caution with any "magic" cleaner for wheels.

Went thru this with my wife on her suv.she found a cleaner gaurenteed not to spot the finish.Well it didnt spot the finish it blistered the finish right off the wheels.

Want to keep your wheels save just use soap and water

I have had good success with the Michelin "Brake Dust Repellent" on my chrome 03 wheels. Doesn't exactly repel, but wheels do look less grundgy and does seem to make washing easier.

I don't recommend the use of any wheel cleaner on clear coated wheels. It is very easy, and common, for them to cause damage on the wheels. The damage can range from spotting/cloudiness up to peeling the clear coat off.

I have tried several different brands of "clearcoat safe" wheel cleaners and found that all of the caused some type of damage. If you do use them very rarely, I'd dilute them down a bit further, do not let it sit on the wheels very long, and completely rinse it off. During a regular wash, I wouldn't use them. I'd say use them on those rare occasions when the wheels get really nasty or have heavy build up on them.

On chrome wheels, you can normally use wheel cleaners without any problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom