Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starting the New Year off RIGHT! Holy Smokes! First delivery as the New Year turns...

Callaway said:
616 bhp.
10 second 1/4 mi ET's
206 mph top speed
Should be interesting to see the reaction to the inevitable comparison to the new ZR1... I would guess that at that price range, the determining factor is going to be personal styling preferences. :)

Also, in my opinion, whereas the ZR1 seems to be bred of the track for the track, what is the direction for the C16? -another exotic/supercar from Callaway? (And I don't mean "another" in any condescending manner.) :)

wow, Wow WOW!

This is an incredible color combo. Absolutely love the interior. Looks like a great father son project ;) Thanks for sharing Reeves and Pete.

FS

Delicious!!

-Mac

Thanks Reeves! Another one to dream about!
as always a class act! :beer

Reeves and Pete,

My wife loves it! Maybe she'll give me the ok to have one of these AND my SC 2006 in the garage!

John,

I have a feeling she won't mind since she may want it for herself!

Should be interesting to see the reaction to the inevitable comparison to the new ZR1... I would guess that at that price range, the determining factor is going to be personal styling preferences. :)

Also, in my opinion, whereas the ZR1 seems to be bred of the track for the track, what is the direction for the C16? -another exotic/supercar from Callaway? (And I don't mean "another" in any condescending manner.) :)

With an extra 50hp gained by ordering the Callaway C16, the Callaway certainly has the edge in the power dept. Add in the big brakes and factor the suspension and wheel changes and dynamically, the ZR1 better be bringing something more than a clear hood dome to the game :D

...than there is the differences in the interiors:cool

I'm not sure about what other differences you are referring.

With an extra 50hp gained by ordering the Callaway C16, the Callaway certainly has the edge in the power dept.
Granted, GM hasn't released the 'official' numbers on the ZR1, but they're talking a clip over 620. With all the press, I'm not sure where you were getting the ZR1 @ 566hp?

Add in the big brakes
The ZR1 brakes are the Brembo 6-piston with 15.5" carbon fiber rotors up front and 15" in the back. I apologize if the C16's respective brake/wheel specs were in this thread. I don't recall seeing 'em my first time through.

And factor the suspension and wheel changes...
The ZR1 gets 285/30-19s up front and 335/25-20s at the rear.

...and dynamically, the ZR1 better be bringing something more than a clear hood dome to the game :D
True. I know that Callaway understands more than anyone about aerodynamics at high speeds. Not every C4 was capable of 254mph :L. What kind of testing was done with the C16? It's difficult to see all the aerodynamic body tricks employed with the C16 to keep it glued down. But then again, I come back to the Sledgehammer which managed to do it with relatively few easily noticeable style changes.

...than there is the differences in the interiors:cool
Definitely no comparison as far as interior. Not even in the same league.
So, I guess my question still stands.
It would seem that all things considered, it comes down to styling queues.
I do give major bonus points to the C16 for the 5yr/100K mile warranty. I certainly don't expect GM to do that! And you don't get the dealer markup ("gouging") with the C16. So a few more points there as well.

And one more time, I'm by no means trying to leak on anyone's parade! I've liked almost every car they've done since I heard of them back when they started modding the C4's. Definitely a class act and one that I'm proud to have here at the CAC! :upthumbs

(I used to have VETTE! by Spectrum Holobyte for my computer and it featured the C4 TT and Sledgehammer you could use to terrorize San Francisco! :L)

The C16 for 2008, has either 650hp in Coupe or Convertible and the Speedster has 700hp. Last report I heard from Chevy on the ZR1, was 600hp, even. :cool

Then, as you correctly state, the inevitable fact of dealer price hikes (GREED :mad ) on the ZR1, will make it a $120k, $140k, $150k :confused car :crazy

When the rubber co. finishes the mold, a specific, Callaway spec 345 width tire is coming :eek:hnoes

Callaway "Big Brakes" :

Track tested, racer preferred
• Computer-Designed "Squeeze-Forged" Calipers (6-Piston front, 4-Piston rear) increase clamping ability
• Calipers equipped with patented bridge mechanism to minimize deflection
• Extra-large 355 mm x 32 mm Rotors maximize pad surface area, helps dissipate heat
• Patented AeroRotor® ventilation design keeps brakes cooler
• Slotted rotor design evacuates dust and gasses, maximizes pad contact
• Stainless Steel Braided Lines reduce compliance for firmer pedal
• ISO-certified quality assurance. All Calipers are 100% tested to 2,800 psi, lines are 100% tested to 4,500 psi

The C16 for 2008, has either 650hp in Coupe or Convertible and the Speedster has 700hp. Last report I heard from Chevy on the ZR1, was 600hp, even. :cool

Then, as you correctly state, the inevitable fact of dealer price hikes (GREED :mad ) on the ZR1, will make it a $120k, $140k, $150k :confused car :crazy

When the rubber co. finishes the mold, a specific, Callaway spec 345 width tire is coming :eek:hnoes

Callaway "Big Brakes" :
:upthumbs

that was excellent :cool

Breathtaking...........truly a work of art........Might have to sell some more boats and pray that some day I can get one. I'll slowey start hinting to the Mrs. that my B day is coming up in May.

:birth

i would definitely pick a callaway over the new zr1..who knows how many zr1's will be made over the years. Only difference really is zr1 is an rpo..and we all know how important that rpo is to the tt cars. so if that is what matters then a zr1 would be the choice, but other than that c16 all the way...more power, more options, and you wont be at the mall bumping into another one thats for sure. styling is a tough one, havent seen the zr1 up close yet but the pictures sure do look good...i would love to see a comparison of these 2 cars in a magazine sometime soon.

styling is a tough one, havent seen the zr1 up close yet but the pictures sure do look good...i would love to see a comparison of these 2 cars in a magazine sometime soon.
I saw the ZR1 at the Cleveland AutoShow last week or so. It's as nice in person as it is in the mag. They had the blue one there. Beautiful! They also had a body-off cut-away ZR1 there as well.

Speaking of mag reviews...when is the last time any car mag (or TV show) has done a review of or involved a Callaway in a comparo? I love reading about the cars, especially when in comparos!

Wow what a sweet ride. I actually like the Body color better than the interior.
Different bites, Different likes.:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom