Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Suspension improvements?

D

designeraccd

I'm looking for input on improving my base suspension '02 C5. I have no intention of taking her on a track, but wish to, primarily, get better roll stiffness so she corners flatter on twisty back roads. I do not want to change her designed in understeer however. I have "ultra hi-po" Michelin A/S tires on her from the Tire Rack which replaced the badYEAR o.e. rubber. Also, I put Bilsteins under her. Both helped from the way she handled when I bought her without making the ride on bad road surfaces (which we have in gr8 abundence here in the upper Mid West...) harsh, but she rolls way to much after having driven 4 Miatas on the same twisty roads! Of course my C5 certainly is a major functional improvement over the 2 C4s I had.

Would C5 vintage Z06 bars work, but keep her handling "balanced"? Aftermarket parts and why? Thanks for the input. DFO :)

Z06 bars will help to reduce some of the body roll without stiffening the ride. An aftermarket sway bars with urethane bushings will definitely improve corner handling and give you better out of corner handling. That plus Bilstein Sport shocks and a 1/4" drop on suspension will make a huge difference on cornering.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom