Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SYS flashing on Speedo

Spiderman

Corvette
Gorgeous White '91 Coupe
I recently replaced my factory stereo with an aftermarket CD player and I was aware that I would be getting a SYS warning signal from the ECM. This is due to the LCD panel and the dimmer connections no longer being hooked up on the factory harness. I was fortunate enough to obtain info (thanks to the CAC:D) about tricking the computer by putting resistors in place of the circuit. (It's a few replies down on this thread Here.) I'm pretty sure that will work but if I reset the ECM by pulling the fuse do you think it may clear the code without having to go through all of that?

Just Curious.

Spiderman :w

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Do the resistor thing

It WORKS!

Vig!

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
sys flash

hi spiderman,been reading your post with great interest-i have the same problem.someone said i could reset my computor by disconnecting the battery -i'm afraid to do this as the car runs so good right now i don't want to screw up the settings.could you go into that resistore thing in a little more detail. mine started showing up after i let the battery go down and after i jumped it.drives me crazy-seeing that thing flash all the time-thanks dennis -93-LT1 :w

Corvette
none right now :(
Don't be scared to disconnect your battery, the ECM learns what it needs to in only a few miles... I had a bunch of modifications done to my '93, including roller rockers, and it ran fine after disconeecting the battery.

Wamp

Corvette
'74 Yellow/Tan int '96 Black/Black int LT4
96 Fixed

Wanted to add for others that the resistor thing works also for a 96. I was a little worried since it is the OBDII system that it wouldent work. Installed the resistors and no more SYS light flashing. There is not a TSB that I can find for a 93 forward car on this fix.

Next up, six disc CD changer.

F

FordNoMore!

The SyS message will go away after a few miles, mine did it also after my battery went totally dead, "beer

Wamp

Corvette
'74 Yellow/Tan int '96 Black/Black int LT4
wouldent go away

mine wouldent go away even if I drove a thousand miles, thing would flash every ten to fifteen seconds. Every time the computer would run a check or whatever it does dealing with the stereo. I put the resistors in the wires and no more sys message. I had battery and charging system checked before the resistor install and both checked out perfect.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom