Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SYS flashing on Speedo

Spiderman

Corvette
Gorgeous White '91 Coupe
I recently replaced my factory stereo with an aftermarket CD player and I was aware that I would be getting a SYS warning signal from the ECM. This is due to the LCD panel and the dimmer connections no longer being hooked up on the factory harness. I was fortunate enough to obtain info (thanks to the CAC:D) about tricking the computer by putting resistors in place of the circuit. (It's a few replies down on this thread Here.) I'm pretty sure that will work but if I reset the ECM by pulling the fuse do you think it may clear the code without having to go through all of that?

Just Curious.

Spiderman :w

Do the resistor thing

It WORKS!

Vig!

sys flash

hi spiderman,been reading your post with great interest-i have the same problem.someone said i could reset my computor by disconnecting the battery -i'm afraid to do this as the car runs so good right now i don't want to screw up the settings.could you go into that resistore thing in a little more detail. mine started showing up after i let the battery go down and after i jumped it.drives me crazy-seeing that thing flash all the time-thanks dennis -93-LT1 :w

Don't be scared to disconnect your battery, the ECM learns what it needs to in only a few miles... I had a bunch of modifications done to my '93, including roller rockers, and it ran fine after disconeecting the battery.

96 Fixed

Wanted to add for others that the resistor thing works also for a 96. I was a little worried since it is the OBDII system that it wouldent work. Installed the resistors and no more SYS light flashing. There is not a TSB that I can find for a 93 forward car on this fix.

Next up, six disc CD changer.

The SyS message will go away after a few miles, mine did it also after my battery went totally dead, "beer

wouldent go away

mine wouldent go away even if I drove a thousand miles, thing would flash every ten to fifteen seconds. Every time the computer would run a check or whatever it does dealing with the stereo. I put the resistors in the wires and no more sys message. I had battery and charging system checked before the resistor install and both checked out perfect.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom