Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T minus 3 weeks!!!! arrival of the new manifold

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Talked to Bob today at Imagine Injection out in Arizona and he says that the manifold from verycoolparts has arrived there from Australia and will be sent out in the next day or so.

When Bob gets it, it needs to get disassembled and sent out for polishing and reassembly, finalizing the wiring harness, loading the initial program for 383 stroker......

350CHEVYfront.JPG

as far as the body goes, the body shop called today to make sure I was taking up the slot that they have open in the schedule....right now they are looking for a Christmas completion time frame which works out great for me if they hit that time frame....

got my exhaust system tacked in place, will try to get some photos this week or next week for sure after the body is off at the body shop...

stay tuned!!!!

Herb

Hey Herb,
I"ve been wondering how you've been progressing. The intake you selected is really wild. I could'nt tell but is that a fuel injected set up,and what kind of hp you getting out of that stroker.
Looks really nice... Jim

Hey Herb,
I"ve been wondering how you've been progressing. The intake you selected is really wild. I could'nt tell but is that a fuel injected set up,and what kind of hp you getting out of that stroker.
Looks really nice... Jim
yup...fuel injected....with computer control....going with Accel 7 version and the Accel dual output distributor with sequential firing of the injectors.

I really don't know the HP....got a good mid cam that will compliment the EFI, but I know I will suck in the head area since I am using the stock 76cc heads....but it will go good enough for street driving....had I planned far enough ahead I would have gotten different heads and pistons to keep the CR under 10.5 Right now itis 9.8 but if I was to change heads I would find myself greater than 10.5 which takes me out of pump gas.

Have hugger headers and then went with Allen Exhaust 2.5 inch SS (14 gauge! thick stuff) side exhausts that tuck under the body between the frame and the outside of the car.....looks great...will get photos this weekend and will post them....exhaust is chambered so should sound like my side pipes on my C2!

EXCITING STUFF

I dont know if I was running that intake I may want to get a plexiglass hood for it, so you can see it

how are you going to be with hood clearances?
it is supposed to be no higher than 4 inches above the top of the valve cover...when I checked that I was more like 4.5 or so...so yes, it is going to be close...I have an extra hood that has lots of clearance I bought just in case, but I am hoping to get away with the stock hood....

Extra hood I bought....
newhood1-vi.jpg

May be too late ,but when I was oringanally measuring mine

I use the lifter valley as a datum line to measure.

Have the guy measure from the bottom of the manifold in the front to the top of the air horns.

Then do the same fro the rear.

I then hot glued popcicle sticks to that height and set them on the lifter valley (or the manifold mounting point) to figure out how much height I needed for the hood.

I am sure if you needed to Rowdy would be able to give you a meaurement from his car to the top of his air cleaner to give you a better guide

What do they do to provide a vacuum source? Since tapping only one of eight runners doesn't work, Inglese builds a "spider" arrangement underneath their Weber cross-ram manifolds that taps each runner and brings all eight of them together at one fitting in the top of the manifold.

What do they do to provide a vacuum source? Since tapping only one of eight runners doesn't work, Inglese builds a "spider" arrangement underneath their Weber cross-ram manifolds that taps each runner and brings all eight of them together at one fitting in the top of the manifold.
the vacuum source is under the manifold. It will be the spider arrangement similar to Inglese. It is not for power brakes or PCV. The signal is too weak and can not be used by anything but Map and fuel pressure regulator.

I knew this going in. My cam does not help much in this area either.....it is what it is.....but since I don't have power steering or brakes not a big deal....

Herb

Hello Herb
I really like the intake you are getting. I have not seen one like that before
Do you have a link to that site??
I look forward to seeing pics of your project and I am very glad you are making good progress
take care
Tom

Hello Herb
I really like the intake you are getting. I have not seen one like that before
Do you have a link to that site??
I look forward to seeing pics of your project and I am very glad you are making good progress
take care
Tom
there are actually two sites.....

there is the site that is supplying the manifold www.verycoolparts.com and here is the site that is putting everything together for me http://www.imagineinjection.com/

I felt that when I talked to the guy at Verycoolparts that while he might know his stuff, if I had problems I might really be on my own....where as when I talked with Bob Ream at Imagine, he was very responsive, understood what I wanted; that I wanted to have support if I needed it and help geting it all together. He would also load a program on the ECM for a 383 stroker that would get me started and could be fine tuned from there.

So that is how I picked Bob and his company. I have not ever had a difficult time tracking him down at the office or his cell phone and he has been real good about returning emails within 24 hours.....I feel really good working with this guy. I had contacted another guy with EFI systems down in Florida, but he never followed through on anything and Bob was always following through, hence why I went with him.

I still don't know what I am doing, but things are coming together nicely. Next week if everything goes well this weekend, the body goes to the body shop and we are targeting return about Christmas time.

Stay tuned, I will get some more photos of what is going on.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom