Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Targa rubber *sigh*

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
I spent about 6 hrs. Saturday installing my new 'aftermarker' targa top weatherstripping. It was an exercise that tested my patience. The aftermarket stuff comes w/out the little internal wiring and plastic frames that come with OEM rubber.

The fit is not perfect on the passenger side and now I have a bit of a whistle working my nerves when I get the Vette up to speed. It also means that I'll have water in the car when washing it or if I'm ever caught in the rain.

I spent a good bit of time trying to re-adjust the w-stripping to better the fit only to have a worse fit somewhere else.
All of this after having aftermarket A & B pillar w-stripping installed.
Live and learn. Buy the OEM rubber folks. :duh

I am very sorry to hear about your problems with the aftermarket weatherstripping.

I agree with you about the OEM.

I have never seen anyone complain about the fit of the OEM weatherstripping. The only issue I have seen is when someone says: "The OEM stuff is expensive."

Well, duh, there is a reason the OEM stuff fits!!! Obviously, MORE money is spent designing and manufacturing the stuff!

Thanks for the warning, again! Hopefully, someone will learn from your experience.

SAVE THE :w

I joined the crowd in making mistake

OEM is they way to go. I am paying twice to get it right.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom