Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

jackfit

Corvette
66 Roadster Glen Green/Saddle
Hi, Well, the car is done mechanically and today we packed a 66 roadster with gear to keep me going for 3 months. I leave on the morning tide. a long awaited 48 state journey with my car.

I thank all of the forum members who have helped me many times over the last 2 years. It will really fun to meet many of you in the upcoming months. I hope some of you, (you know who) have been doing their little timetables about their car and life.

Members who I may visit on my trip, be a little patient with me for the first week or so. I am using new computer and internet stuff for this trip and it will take a little time to get it all working on the road.

Thanks again, see you soon

Jack

PS

I am including three links for those who wish to follow the adventure.

One is the projected route :

Trip route - Google Maps

This one will be the actual route traveled

Jack 48 State Trip Acutal Route - Google Maps

This is my blog where I will post daily events and travels
you can follow my trip and travel dates to states by clicking on the link (travel calender) just below the picture of the car.

Jack Panzica

I thought you might like to see what it looks like to pack for the trip

Packingcarfortrip001.jpg

Packingcarfortrip003.jpg

Packingcarfortrip002.jpg

Packingcarfortrip004.jpg

Packingcarfortrip006.jpg

Packingcarfortrip007.jpg

Jack,

Enjoy the ride! See ya later this month. You pack pretty good.

You and your wife will really appreciate this extended time together.

If you have some time in Winston Salem let me know.

I packed my '65 like that a few times. It's amazing just how much you can get in there and still get the top down. Have a pleasant and safe trip. I hope to see you soon.

Tom

stop 2 Massachusetts..Cape Cod

myself and several others were invited to Capevettes home to bid Jackfit good luck on his journey...we checked out his car and he told of of his official ..unofficial route and plans. The adrenalin is pumping at the moment and I am sure will settle down once he gets some miles logged. I want to thank Paul(capevette) for the invitation to his great Vette home and garage and also his lovely wife, and to the explorer..Jackfit..safe and amazing journey to you my friend...dont forget to get more GREY tape...hahahaha

Jack, good luck on your trip. :w We look forward to seeing you when you come to Cary, NC.

Roger

Wow, have a safe trip, Jack. I'll keep up-to-date on your blog.

Thanks everyone

myself and several others were invited to Capevettes home to bid Jackfit good luck on his journey...we checked out his car and he told of of his official ..unofficial route and plans. The adrenalin is pumping at the moment and I am sure will settle down once he gets some miles logged. I want to thank Paul(capevette) for the invitation to his great Vette home and garage and also his lovely wife, and to the explorer..Jackfit..safe and amazing journey to you my friend...dont forget to get more GREY tape...hahahaha

Just a quick note. It is about 12 midnight. Just settled in. Trip has been great. I will be able to write more in a few days when I have a routine down. Stayed in RI last night and Long Island tonight.

Here is actual map route and blog

blog

Jack Panzica

see you soon

Jack

Let us know when you get close to Colorado Springs. Couple of clubs would love to meet up with you and we have an excellent Corvette repair center right on I-25 (not that you'd need him)

Scott

have a safe trip and when you get to the Houston area (I see Spring on your itinerary which is near where I live) and I'm in town it would be cool to get together for a brew

:beer

No the dash pad does not need removed. I removed my cluster in 1971 to have the tach repaired and they didn't calibrate it right. (Local speedometer shop) It needs to come back out but I associate this operation with extreme discomfort and pain. Someday I'll do it in a moment of weakness.

Tom

Tom : :confused

Jack - you just went through my old stomping grounds on LI - I grew up in Baldwin (3 blocks from Motion Performance!). Enjoy the top down motoring and don't worry - I'll help you repack everything nice-n-neat when you get here!

Had a great day until the bronx

Wow, have a safe trip, Jack. I'll keep up-to-date on your blog.

Having a bit of fuel starving, on the Thogs Neck Brigde & at west point. may be fuel pump or coil. very hot 7 humid. hope to fix am on Thursday, then off to Rochester NY

Joey & Jimmy helped me in the Bronx, corvette guys

day2day3036.jpg

day2day3035.jpg

Here are some pictures of Jones Beach Long Island NY. One of the best beaches in the world.

Spent my youth and car's there , many summers ago

friend Ed Peters Captain of Guards field 6

Jack

day2day3023.jpg

day2day3028.jpg

day2day3030.jpg

day2day3031.jpg

Thanks everyone

Tom : :confused

Jack - you just went through my old stomping grounds on LI - I grew up in Baldwin (3 blocks from Motion Performance!). Enjoy the top down motoring and don't worry - I'll help you repack everything nice-n-neat when you get here!

Stuck in Cortland NY on way to Buffalo. Fuel pump. will fix in am

updated map

Ain't Corvette people great? :beer

Did you find a pump? Thats silly, you couldn`t continue on without it....Well lets hope your done with setbacks...I see you must coming through Canada.....good luck

Ironcross

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom