Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

A cup of hot chocolate while watching the skaters - haven't done it since the mid 60's, but it is nice to see that you and your family enjoyed the City.

Happy Holidays

Roger

Can cars talk ?

Hi Forum Members,

While Jack is out doing last minute Christmas Shopping....

I would like to take a few moments to thank you.....

Without your help I never would have been restored to the condition I am in now.

Just two years ago I looked like this...

Interiorbeforedashharnessinstall003.jpg

6612-08rehab.jpg

After forum members help and encouragement.....

interiordone5.jpg

Jack will not say it, but he really loves all of you..........

So from me, his faithful car and servant..........

Happy Holidays

IMG_0464.jpg

Merry Christmas to you and yours Jack. :w

Roger

Attachments

• 1P1000431.jpg
    1P1000431.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 73
Merry Christmas Jack! The ole 66 is looking fine. :w

First Ride of 2012

Winter is here and to start the New Year..........

It was a great day in Maine........ Took out the car for a ride down to Higgins Beach. The local surfers were out and the ride was great.

Have not taken down the new top yet, a little cool for the window.

Here are a few shots and a video. If you look closely , you will see the surfers off shore.

Warm up

camerrollJan1049.jpg

Old Church in Cape Elizabeth

camerrollJan1058.jpg

The Beach

camerrollJan1061.jpg

Video Just click picture

First Snow Ride of 2012

The snow is falling and I thought it would be a good time to go get the mail and a cup of coffee.

The top works great, it keeps the snow off your head when driving .

Not use to having the top up..........

I am still working on the European Trip............

Practicing for driving in the Alps

Jack

FirstSnow2012002.jpg

FirstSnow2012001.jpg

TV Reality Show

Hello and Good Spring to All,

I have been looking at several TV productions on Car Travel, Classic Cars and other Car type shows.

Many of you have asked about doing a show on my adventures....

What would you like to see a show that would feature my travels in Europe. The people I meet and host me, car collections and historic places would be shown.

I would travel basically alone and would have to survive on a limited budget as I had in the US tour. Remote cameras in car and one camera man following for distant shots and interviews .

Please list the things that would make you come back and watch week after week. All suggestions are welcome.

What kind of interaction do you want to see?

Your feedback will help me create a show that we all will be proud of. After all the show is about you and your love of these wonderful machines that we give life to........

Jack

Photos of 48 state trip

Hi,

I hope most of you have been able to get out and drive........the weather in New England has been wet and cool.....until tonight.....it going to hot and muggy......

I have been working on a site that you can see photos of my trips......just go to the 48 state trip page and click on any of the photos , you can watch a slide show or single photos....

48 State US Trip

I will be adding more photos .....of people and places

Jack

I can’t tell you how much I enjoy this thread, I come back to it time and time again. Thank you for your detailed chronicles, I’m living vicariously through the posts!

B17Crew
:w

Thanks glad you enjoyed them

I can’t tell you how much I enjoy this thread, I come back to it time and time again. Thank you for your detailed chronicles, I’m living vicariously through the posts!

B17Crew

Hi and thanks , it was fun living it...sort of....except for the dessert, real hot.......how hot.....so hot that if I were a turkey with a pop up thermometer in me, it would have popped........:cool!:

Jack

except for the dessert, real hot.......how hot.....so hot that if I were a turkey with a pop up thermometer in me, it would have popped........:cool!:

Jack

:L

An incredible journey. Corvette Vagabond site is :thumb

B17Crew

MS. Sea Emma leaves Boston on August 8th

I have just confirmed the sailing date. August 7 or 8th. The car will go to Boston on July 30th, a few days for customs and packing it in a container. The MS Sea Emma will arrive in Bremerhaven, Germany on the 27th. I should clear customs and be on the road by August 29.

From Germany I will head to Denmark, first, then on to Oslo, Norway, Helsinki , Finland, Stockholm, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium and back to Germany for departure sometime at the end of October.

The trip should cover about 7 to 8 thousand miles. I will be in the US until August 26th, land in Germany, stay with German forum member, pick up car and head north.

I think that is enough planning for today

Lots of work to do before Monday when I drop the car off in Boston.

Again thanks to all who have supported this effort and the many new owners of old and new corvettes that I will stay with in Europe.

Jack

So buckle up your seat-belt and get ready for a great ride....

and sign my Corvette Vagabond - Home Page guest book page

48 State Photos

It is real cold today in Maine. I thought it would be fun to re-post many of the photos from my 48 state trip, as I work on the book / TV project.

Looking at them, brings back many great memories, some good, some bad, but all exciting ! I will post several daily for the next few weeks, as I am recovering from minor foot surgery.

I hope you enjoy them and if you have some interesting photos or video of my visit to you or your event, let me know.

I am continuing to add photos to the European 2012 Tour at Corvette Vagabond - Home Page

Jack

BigSurtoSantaClarita007.jpg

BigSurtoSantaClarita029.jpg

BigSurtoSantaClarita035.jpg

BigSurtoSantaClarita077.jpg

BigSurtoSantaClarita129.jpg

Bobbehlmantahoe010.jpg

Bobbehlmantahoe012.jpg

BobHanneman003.jpg

BobHanneman005.jpg

BobHanneman008.jpg

Thanks to all of you

Hello to the members of the forum. To the many who have followed my travels over the last few years...

I can not express in words (no laughing) my thanks to you.

Without your support and encouragement , none of my adventures could have happen.

I hope this latest chapter in the travels of the Corvette Vagabond is as exciting , as was my first trip with you.

Cheers,

Jack Panzica
Corvette Vagabond

I recognize Klaus and Linda Klix and their barbeque pit at Stump Ranch... Really good folks!!

-Mac

Corvette Vagabond gets his hands dirty ! The underbelly of Corvette ownership

How to remove and install a haft shaft with new u joints on your back.

When you hear the squeak, then the clank, its time to replace a u-joint. I drove most of the summer, hoping my haft shaft would not be sitting next to me . So it was time for a repair.

Not having a lift was a small problem, because you can not get leverage on the torque wench to break the flange bolts. It will hit the floor. I had to turn the wheel a bit then pull.

The time to do the job was about 2 hours. Not counting the local shop that pressed in the u -Joints for a few dollars. The joints cost about $25 more less a piece. They may have had on them 30 or 40 thousand miles on them since 2011.

First Take Off Spare Tire Carrier

Not a lot of room

Put car up on Jack Stands and then Jack below wheel, used to lift & lower wheel to release haft shaft from flanges on rear and hub.

Tools ready, 5/8 and 9/6 wrench and socket for outer and inner bolts and nuts. Torque wrench 75 & 65 Ft lbs. I had a cheap one that only goes to 75.

The problem is height of wheel off floor. My wrench would hit floor , so I would have to turn wheel for each little turn. Notice the leg work.

Haft Shaft Back from shop with U joints inserted.

Installing shaft, I used jack to raise wheel to bring haft shaft up and lock in u-joints in flanges. You do not need to loose any cams nuts for rear alignment shafts. Everything goes right back into place.

Job done ! It took me about 30 minutes to remove shaft. Much faster if you had a lift. Took car out and ran it up to 100 + mph and the haft shaft was not sitting next to me. Must have done it correctly.

You have too, you can do it. Total cost about $60 including pressing in joints.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom