Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The new Crystal Red - And guess what the owner is going to do with it...

*89x2*

...I stumbled upon these photos of the new Crystal Red Metallic for 2008 and thought they might be of interest here :w

Our own :CAC Member, Turbo Luigi has one being built this week and here are some of the details of his saga: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95999

...Guess whrre his car is heading :chuckle 430hp isn't enough!:beer

1013945160_275b335e05.jpg

1013945138_b41036ffff.jpg

1013945034_303dc58147.jpg

1013055981_118ce20df2.jpg

1013056451_c00aa25a79.jpg

1013056435_368c1fefd5.jpg

1013984592_89a18b61cc.jpg

I was in BG today touring the assembly plant. The most popular color today on the line was the new crystal red! In fact, in the section of the NCM for delivery, 4 sat there during the middle of the afternoon, all crystal red! Needless to say, I got to see a bunch of that color Corvette today and up close. I personally am a brighter (torch or victory) red person, but this new color is very beautiful! I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed driving one in this color!! Very classy looking. :cool

I am very disapponted with the new colors. I'm ready to repaint my new '07 to a color resembling the old magnetic red. Shame on you Bowling Green for discontinuing Monterey Red!
:bash

I am very disapponted with the new colors. I'm ready to repaint my new '07 to a color resembling the old magnetic red. Shame on you Bowling Green for discontinuing Monterey Red!

My sentiments exactly!!

Elaine

I like all of the new and old colors! Once I hit the lotto......I'll get one of each :chuckle

I was in BG today touring the assembly plant. The most popular color today on the line was the new crystal red! In fact, in the section of the NCM for delivery, 4 sat there during the middle of the afternoon, all crystal red! Needless to say, I got to see a bunch of that color Corvette today and up close. I personally am a brighter (torch or victory) red person, but this new color is very beautiful! I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed driving one in this color!! Very classy looking. :cool

The car that Turbo Luigi bought, is getting some major work done ;):upthumbs Delivered last week, I can't wait to see it!

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95999

I sorta agree with you about losing MR, but at least the Crystal Red still offers a decent alternative to the less attractive Torch and Victory reds.

Isn't it funny how all the corvette colors over the yrs relate back to the yrs where the color you may have now was at one point close to that color ... atomic orange here

Yeah, but really old black is now dark gray...

Yes, but the GM Paint codes don't account for sun fade if you regularly leave your car parked outside. My point is that "Black" has never had a modifying adjective in front of it.

Yes, but the GM Paint codes don't account for sun fade if you regularly leave your car parked outside. My point is that "Black" has never had a modifying adjective in front of it.
I'm no expert, and am really not sure... but I think you are wrong. Off-hand, I seem to recall a Tuxedo Black in 1966?
Gersh

I'm no expert, and am really not sure... but I think you are wrong. Off-hand, I seem to recall a Tuxedo Black in 1966?
Gersh

True- 1960-69, it was "tuxedo black." And then there was a seven year gap before black would even be offered as an option. Since 1977, it's been called simply "black."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom