Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The questions we all get asked......

Everytime my father in law sees my Vette- How much is that thing worth? I always reply with the same answer. NOTHING' CAUSE IT AIN'T FOR SALE!!!!

I've got another one that happened at a gas station. A guy asked me how much I paid for it.I said I was still paying for it. He looked confused. He wanted to know how long I had it. I told him 35 years. So, he said you've been making payment for 35 years. I told him that was correct and I'm about half way paid and now I'm working on the principal. He walked away.

I've got another one that happened at a gas station. A guy asked me how much I paid for it.I said I was still paying for it. He looked confused. He wanted to know how long I had it. I told him 35 years. So, he said you've been making payment for 35 years. I told him that was correct and I'm about half way paid and now I'm working on the principal. He walked away.
good one :thumb

Just yesterday I drove Gail to work. But of course, I had to have my "grande americano with a little cream, an extra shot, and three Splenda's". When I pull up to the window, "Wowwwww, nniiiceee caaaarr", and the young lady was cute, but lately I find myself thinking, "hummmm, I wonder if your mom looks hot", ;):L:D

My kids at work love to say outrageous things about the L81 just to get a rise out of me, like... "Hey Mr. Perez, I'll give you $500 dollars for the Vette, but I only have $300 in my pocket", but I just show them the smile and swagger of that bull in the joke, "Let's walk down the hill and fun them all"...:D:D:D grasshoper...

GerryLP:cool

#1 Dumb statement: I'll give you 200 dollars for it.

Answer: You got that on you? (they never do)

#2 Dumb statement (after viewing the project book) How much they pay you to take that thing away from there?

Answer: Not nearly as much as you would have to pay me to take it away now.

Rich:beer

For a least a year after I completed my '57 street rod project, I got many of the same questions as the posts above. No one whoever commented on the car knew what year it was...they always guessed wrong.

Then...one day I was driving it home from work and stopped by the beer store, owned by a guy from Iran, who spoke with a heavy accent. I parked it in front of the store, walked in and he said...."Hey man, nice '57"!!! I was speechless. PT :D

35n79d3.jpg

I'm always asked,"what year is your vette?'' This is AFTER i see them reading the decals on the door which of course ends with 1978.

Since I've only had the '66 since May of this year, the funniest thing I've heard is " '66 Vette's are my favorite, is yours a '67?"

Someone asked me while I was gassing the Z06 "What have you had it up to?" I tell them "The summit going to Lake Tahoe, a little over 5,000 feet".

I usually end up with someone asking me if my 53 is a T-Brid. :confused

When anyone gets access to my shop I get asked "what color are you going to paint it?" One of these days I'm going to paint it just to shut everyone up.

Question from a Virginia state trooper who stopped me for a license plate frame that "obscured the state designation" - "how fast will she go". My reply "the speed limit".

Long ago, I was sitting in line (sidepipes burbling) to register for a car show when someone asked, "Does that have a cam in it?"
I quickly replied, "Nope...Took it out last week and itz been running great ever since."

A long time ago when I had my 58 (probably 1979-80) I was driving home from work one afternoon and stopped at a traffic light. Two young (Jr Hi?) girls crossed the street in front of me. One turned around, came back to my car, leaned forward, and then yelled to the other "yeah Julie, it IS a Corvette. It says so on the front!" :L

(OK, not a question but I can assume that Julie asked her friend what kind of car that was...)

I was at a gas station recently and the owner asked "What kind of car was it originally"? I opened up the hood so he could see the 6 cylinder engine and he asked where I got the old 6 to put in it. :w

Back when I had and drove my 54 Corvette I was asked all the time what year it was but most wanted to know how fast would it go. My reply everytime was. I drive her down the interstate at 65mph and that is as fast as I have ever had it or will ever drive it. Now let me ask you a question. Why would I want to drive her any faster. Would you ask your mother or grandmother to run the Boston Marathon? They would always say NO. Well that is what you are asking me to do by trying to see how fast this old car will go before something breaks or blows up on it. Not even saying that how hard and expensive or how long it will take me to fix her back up if something happens. That would always SHUT THEM UP.

cool thread.
I usually get:
"can I get a ride" (and not by women that would be the preferred passengers)
"rev it up!" by teenagers wanting to hear roar (straightpipe and flowmasters)
"trade ya straight up " (neighbor that has a jeep commander)
" How much you want for it?" Answer: "$200,000" Reply: "It's not worth that!" My reply: "that's what it would take for me to part with it"

I always get the...."I didn't Know They Made a 502 BB in 65".....:D

I always get the...."I didn't Know They Made a 502 BB in 65".....:D
Do that many people realize it's a 65 or are you talking about folks who should know better (so to speak)... :chuckle

-Mac

Do that many people realize it's a 65 or are you talking about folks who should know better (so to speak)... :chuckle

-Mac

They seem to be acting with Knowoledge of the midyear and giving the impression that they can speuw out spec's on Vacumm Advace curves and rear axel ratios but are at a loss when they see a factory(Of course not real) "502 Turbojet " Emblem. ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom