Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The questions we all get asked......

They seem to be acting with Knowoledge of the midyear and giving the impression that they can speuw out spec's on Vacumm Advace curves and rear axel ratios but are at a loss when they see a factory(Of course not real) "502 Turbojet " Emblem. ;LOL
The best joke of all is the inside joke! :boogie

-Mac

Got a new one over the weekend. Girl in a civic asked if it was a '69 (it's a 75) to which I said, "close but it's the same body style (props for even being close)" but then the fail showed up when she asked if it had Nawwwz.

They seem to be acting with Knowoledge of the midyear and giving the impression that they can speuw out spec's on Vacumm Advace curves and rear axel ratios but are at a loss when they see a factory(Of course not real) "502 Turbojet " Emblem. ;LOL

You mean to tell me that Corvette didn't offer a 502 ci engine in '65??? ;LOL

I took the 1954 Corvette to the Hendrick Chevrolet Car Show in Cary NC yesterday -
Question: Is this one of the early ones that was made out of metal?

The best so far: Did you buy it new?

I'm old but not that old.......:w

I had a senior citizen ask me at a cruize night, if I removed the back seat from my 1966 coupe? I told him no, that was factory.

With my 1965 Corvette, I get the whistling gophers: "whats that go fer?" I give them a price spectrum and they follow up with a whistle. Also, I get the absurd low ball offers. I had a guy offer me an even up trade for my 69 SS L78 Camaro for his early 90's Silverado. I looked and his face was straight. What can you say? Thanks but I think I'll hang on to it!

IMG_2844.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG
View attachment 21041

View attachment 21042

Silver Blue 58 and I went to a car show in the Dorton Arena at the Raleigh NC Fairgrounds this last weekend. We were asked most of the normal off the wall questions as usual. The best part was when we let young people sit in our cars. Their eyes would light up and the parents would take photos. Hopefully they will be buying our cars some day.

I took the 1954 Corvette to the Hendrick Chevrolet Car Show in Cary NC yesterday -
Question: Is this one of the early ones that was made out of metal?

The best so far: Did you buy it new?

I'm old but not that old.......:w

I saw your car at Hendrick's - REALLY nice.:thumb

6Shooter,

That is a fine car, what is it, how much did you pay for it, how fast will it go. Kidding aside it is a nice looking car, I can tell you are a Vette nut like the rest of us. Mine is a Bat Mobile proto type and goes about 250 mph in 4th, woth about a million.
Mike

Catbert - I saw your car at Hendrick's - REALLY nice.:thumb

Thanks. Did we talk? Hope to see you again.

Its always the same

Everyone I run into, no matter where I go, some will actually follow me to my destination, they all have the same statement....

"I had one just like it 1966 right"

Wrong, it's a 62, and I thought I would eliminate the 'confusion' when I put new plates on it this year:

ORGNL 62

I actually had one guy run up to me while viewing the rear end of the car and the license plate and say "What year is it?"

The words of Jeff Foxworthy come to mind "Here's your sign!":)

Catbert - I saw your car at Hendrick's - REALLY nice.:thumb

Thanks. Did we talk? Hope to see you again.

Hey, The one IN the show wasn't mine - someone said it came in from the coast. Mine was outside with the rest of the spectator cars, but it's as nice as the one inside.;LOL

Do you belong to Corvettes International or RTP???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom