Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Wave

M

MrMick

I went cruising Sunday with the top off. Very nice day and had a great time.
Lots of Vettes out cruising. BUT,I noticed an odd thing.
Here in southern Ohio it's nearly impossible to get THE WAVE from a C-5 owner.
Don't they know about The Wave. Are they snooty Baby Boomers who are too good to Wave.
Don't they know THE WAVE is a Corvette tradition? A duty!
A recognition of Brotherhood. A Kinship know only by a few!
:( But sadly,no wave.
I think those who don't wave should be doomed to sit a listen to a Mustang rust, practising THE WAVE that whole week.
Wake up Ohio C-5 owners. Look down at us lowly C-4 owners and Wave.
We'll be happy to Wave back.:w

Get used to it, I think there must be some law about C5 owners and waving;LOL

Actually I think it's just those who have more money than they know what to do with, so they buy a C5 vette.

Mart

My son asked me....

Dont you get dissapointed when they dont wave back?

I use a quote from Heidi ......

"I'm not waving at the driver, im waving at the CAR!"

It works, i no longer get chipped about it...i just give them a sly smile, knowing they have no idea why im waving!:D
Its not just one generation, i get it from others , C-3's and C-4's...dont think a C-1 or C-2 have ever missed a wave.
Chas:w

I have had some C4 owners look at me funny, but for the most part it is the C5 owners that do not wave back, but oh well there loss, not mine.

I remember the same problem when the C4 was new (84 -89). everyone with a c3 was complaining that owners of new vettes were an "ignorant non-waving bunch"
Like VetteDude73 said: It happens every time there is a new generation.
The car is mostly bought by rich yuppies who just want to show off.

Well the joke's on them! Let them buy it new and pay the massive depreciation for the first few years. (That's why I'm smiling when C5 owners don't wave back) ;LOL;LOL

warren s said:
I was out in Jersey, down near Sea Bright and Rumson, waved at a Mid-Years and the guy flips me the bird.

I think I am done with this wave thing.
Sorry about your experience.
I live in Northern NJ, when I go down the 'Shore', south Jersey, the Vettes are freindly. 9 out of 10 wave back, in Northern Jersey there aren't too many Vettes, but about 3 out of 4 wave, even C5's.

Funny expereince last week, I waved to a C3, the male driver didn't wave back, but his female passenger-an attractive blond- gave me a big wave, you should've seen the drivers face.
:L ;) :D :eyerole

MrMick said:
I think those who don't wave should be doomed to sit a listen to a Mustang rust, practising THE WAVE that whole week.
They should, because the stang guys actually wave to eachother.:upthumbs

We just bought a 2004 C5 and we'll continue to wave at or return waves from any other corvette (or anyone else who waves at us). :w

I think people just don't know about the wave. Here in So. California, there are vettes everywhere, it's a very popular car. IMHO, they buy it because it looks cool, not because of its heritage, therefore, they don't know about the history of the vette or the wave. I don't get many waves, but they do wave back when I initiate it (no matter what the vette, new or old).

Save the Wave! :w

In my experience, the best at waving are the Sharks.:w

Well I'm out here in the far Northwest and I have taken two 500 miles trips in the C-3 in the last month. I have yet to have a C5 owner wave back. I passed by a great looking C1 the other day on the hyway and got the wave back in a flash. The late C4 and C5 owner I guess just don't know or think they are to good to wave. I'm not sure which it is, but I hope it rains becuase with their noses so high in the air they'll drown. Well not really.

I just wish they would learn that owning a Corvette is special and a lot of C1 C2 C3 owners have more money and LOVE in their vette than that new one.

Gary:v

Warren, don't you know that the bird is the traditional NJ wave to any out of stater that isn't doing at least 15 mph over the posted limit. Brother and sister in law used to live there. Hated to drive there. WAY too many nut cases on the road.

Murf said:
Warren, don't you know that the bird is the traditional NJ wave to any out of stater that isn't doing at least 15 mph over the posted limit. Brother and sister in law used to live there. Hated to drive there. WAY too many nut cases on the road.
Yea I agree, I used to live in NJ and you will get "the Bird" more then a wave:L
whenever I go back it seems like rush hour all day long, where do all those people live or are they just riding around looking for a place to park and go to sleep.;LOL

same thing here in buffalo, almost all vette owners wave back, and the ones that usually dont are driving a c5. I dont mind, but if your gonna drive a vette, you should know to wave to another vette. :)

wanna good laugh?

wave at them when your NOT in your vette!:D
Most just look at you like......:confused
Chas:w :w :w

Shewter said:
I think people just don't know about the wave. Here in So. California, there are vettes everywhere, it's a very popular car. IMHO, they buy it because it looks cool, not because of its heritage, therefore, they don't know about the history of the vette or the wave. I don't get many waves, but they do wave back when I initiate it (no matter what the vette, new or old).

Save the Wave! :w
Hey I am out visiting family and I am not to far from you, My uncles place is in West Covina small world huh? Nice vette keep on waving.

Same problem in Michigan. Most C5 owners either don't know or just won't do it. I have had no problem with most C4 owners. The C3, C2 and C1 gang are the best acknowledging the corvette owners.

Not all C5 owners are ignorant of the wave or too arrogant to use it. I have owned two C5's. I wave at all the Corvettes that I see, and most will wave back.

Waving all the way from Turkey

Folks, I am so far from USA and here goes my waves to all "Corvette Brothers".

:w :w :w

I am also amazed that most people (here at least) buy these cars for putting airs and showing off. Most of the time I get the questions "how much is this car" and "how fast did you drive with it" rather than "what does this car do that the others don't, what is it that you enjoy in a Corvette" type questions...

What a grand shame it is that people have become so "material centric"!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom