Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of going back to a carb from tuned port injector .. what do you think?

Don&Kelly

Corvette
2000 Red Coupe & 2008 Crystal Red Metallic Convert
This past year I switched the engine in my '81 coupe and got rid of the old 190 hp (at the crank) engine & put in a 350 with all sorts of goody's including Holly Tuned Port Injection - Acell - Electronic Control Module.
In the car it came out of this engine made 325 hp at the rear wheels, we've had a heck of a time finding someone to program the computer & although it runs well, it's slow .. I dyno'd yesterday and it has 207 hp at the rear wheels & with 330 pounds of torque .. I know the problem is the computer .. I'm thinking of going back to a Edelbrock intake & a good 4 barrel carb .. what do you think??

:mad :confused:

I'd say track down someone who knows how to program the computer better... Maybe someone here on the CAC knows of an EFI guru in your area...

Joe

I am sure you can get some tech support to get that computer working right.

Otherwise, I have no doubt you could remove it, and sell it for enough to purchase a nice air gap and demon carb to top off that machine...then...well, better get ready for jet swaps, etc. until that can be dialed in.

You should also ask a lot of questions about that dyno. Sometimes, they are only good for a base line to tune with. It is possible you could put is on another dyno and show 330 hp at the rear wheels...all based on how it was calibrated and set up when the test took place.

my $.02 why go backwards, I have a Holley Commander 950 ECU and all the info needed is availabe on their web site. I used their base line for my engine and drove the car with the laptop on the seat alongside me and just followed the instructions in the manual. A dyno would be able to get it perferct, but I am having too much fun driving it.
If you don't already have one get a laptop and the newest version of your ECM's software and manual and read the instructions they will make sense after a while. Drive the car and tune one area at a time starting where you do the most driving.
It is not as hard as it seems
ps the dyno shop should be able to tune it for you they should have a wide band O2 sensor (in case it is way off)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom