Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

throttle body sticking?...

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
I have a question for those that might have/or are experiencing this; it seems that there is a 'catch' sometimes when pressing the accelerator from the idle position. Not very pronounced but nevertheless it is detectable. I tried to remove the cover at the ASR but that doesn't seem to be a very easy task. Any suggestions? thanks.

I had the exact same problem for years, and no one could ever diagnose or remedy it. It is most annoying in parking lots or crawling traffic, right? :hb

_ken :w

Thanks for the input, Ken. I figured that surely this must have been or is currently being experienced by others. I have suspected the throttle body may have some 'wear' in the valve bushing but the '96 has the ASR. I may be incorrect in the thinking on this but does the ASR unit convey the accelerator position to the throttle body thereby interrupting a direct motion from the accelerator and thus one would not feel the feedback directly through the pedal from the throttle body? I am so darned confused.:confused

Briefer,

I had the same problem with my LT1 vette. Seems the throttle cable had come about half unspooled from the guide on the throttle body. Caused it to stick on opening throttle from gas peddle. This may not be your problem - it seems too simple to be true. Hope yours is solved as easlily.

Depending on the mileage, carbon can buid up between the blades also causing the same. The remedy is to spray some WD-40 and wipe resedue with a clean rag.

Bob, now that I think of it, that may have been the cause of my sticking -- the alignment was off. Since my new throttle body is sitting on a new intake (Miniram) with new cable brackets it hasn't hung up on me once. ;)

_ken :w

Hi there,
LT4 does have some carbon build up issues from time to time, which would cause your gas pedal to stick..
A very simple test, is to attempt to move the throttle linkage by hand, do you get the same stickiness????
Anyway, clean the throttle blade with Throttle plate cleaner, as other substances may cause problems.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

Mine was sticking due to warping. The blades did not line up correctly with the body itself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom