Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tree sap how to remove?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I have some tree sap that has been there for a few years. How do I remove it, any special cleaners I can use.

I think one ot the Turtle Wax ICE products mentions tree sap/tar etc. Coupla years may mean several gentle applications. Good Luck.

You might try some clay bar. it is available from several different companies. Meguaires (spelling?) has an inexpensive kit that I started with. Might even be available at your local WalMart.

You might also check the Car Care and Detailing forum here for additional help.

Rubbing Alcohol works well on fresh stuff. Might try gauze or cotton soaked with it - cover with plastic wrap or foil so it won'y dry out. I use it 'cause it won't hurt the paint. Good luck.

Tree sap

3M makes an 'Adhesive Remover' that removes fresh tree sap very well. The product is mostly xylene and can be purchased for a lower price under generic xylol (xylene and [FONT=&quot]isopropyl [/FONT]alcohol), xylene, etc. names. This type of glue remover won't damage the paint if wiped off completely.
If the sap has been there long, the paint may be damaged by the sap.
Good luck.

I hope I didn't stress out the C4 owners, the sap is on my 90 chevy stepside pickup, a very cool truck in its day.

I personally prefer using non-abrasive materials first before attacking a problem with an abrasive cleaner.

I would try a clay bar first.

Bug and tar remover or WD-40 should be tried next. Wash the car well after use.

I have some tree sap that has been there for a few years. How do I remove it, any special cleaners I can use.
are you sure it is tree sap because if you have a light colored paint and park next to a area that has hardwood mulch it will throw spores all over it. i found this out with a brand new closed quad trailer i parked in my drive next to fresh hardwood mulch and the way i found out what it was i talked to the state ag man and he sent me a complete writeup on the subject. this stuff was still on there when i sold the trailer and short of using a razor blade scrapper nothing took it off

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom