Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Universal Oil Catch Can?

F

faster73

Has anyone tried one of these?

CHROME OIL CATCH CAN TANK CAVALIER MONTE CARLO CORVETTE:eBay Motors (item 320402882359 end time Aug-21-09 20:39:19 PDT)

I'm debating taking my C5 in for the TSB to replace the #2 piston ring due to the excessive oil consumption. But that's a LOT of engine work so I've been thinking about the can option.

These are a little cheaper than some of the other options out there and they all seem like they do the same thing. Plus this one looks nicer than the brushed aluminum ones I've seen. IMHO

CHROME OIL CATCH CAN TANK CAVALIER MONTE CARLO CORVETTE:eBay Motors (item 320402882359 end time Aug-21-09 20:39:19 PDT)

I'm debating taking my C5 in for the TSB to replace the #2 piston ring due to the excessive oil consumption. But that's a LOT of engine work so I've been thinking about the can option.

These are a little cheaper than some of the other options out there and they all seem like they do the same thing. Plus this one looks nicer than the brushed aluminum ones I've seen. IMHO

I'm using an oil catch can in my '79 and it works great. Mines much smaller with less accessories.

I posted this in the wrong forum but thanks for the reply. I didn't think the C3's needed them. I know they make them for just about any engine but the C5's have a tenancy to push a lot more oil back into the top of the engine to be burned off.

I posted this in the wrong forum but thanks for the reply. I didn't think the C3's needed them. I know they make them for just about any engine but the C5's have a tenancy to push a lot more oil back into the top of the engine to be burned off.

A catch can is always a useable product on any high performance motor. If you run turbo's and superchargers they are highly recommended as the increased pressures cause more blow by....

You can make one or buy one... they are virtually universal ,, just find one to fit and be sure to mount it properly....

is it going to cost you anything to take it in and get it fixed?

I don't think so. I have the GMPP and there is a TSB on it anyway. I haven't checked but I hate the thought of someone tearing apart the engine! Just because they work at a GM dealer doesn't mean it's going to get done right or by a professional.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom