Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vacuum hoses problem L81.

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Today i continued with putting new vacuum hoses on my L81. All wend pretty well. So now and then a new hose wouldn't fit because they were to small in diameter. With some changes here and there it would fit quiet well.

IMG_2928.JPG

But i still have a (easy) question for those how have there original L81 hoses in the wright place. I have two diagrams, one from the new hoses kit and one from the workshop manual (little blurry sorry for that).

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

On both i can see a hose coming from the underside of the air filter element going to the from of the carburetor. (on the first diagram named D)
I've searched the entire front of the carburetor but i could not find the line to hove the hose on. Does anybody have a photo of this area with the line on it?

Second, i have a problem with the hoses going to the PCV valve, to the carburetor and to the EFE, TVS sensor. On both diagrams the same connections are drawn different. Does anybody have a photo from the hoses from the EFE TVS sensor to the PCV valve so i can see what the problem is. As far as i can see now i need to connect a Small t exit from the EFE TVS to a big exit from the PCV valve and this does not fit.

This is no joke but in two years I've taken around 2000 photo's of the entire car previous to and while the restoration is on its way. And now i see i still don't have everything on camera :(

Thanks for your help.

Groeten Peter.

peter, I cant get the pics to upload as the are to big,however the pcv hose connects into a 't'in front of the carb and hooks UNDER where the fuel filter is..

bill........:w

Hello Bill

I hope you can solve my question again :)
It the total is under 6mb you could also mail them to Peter.verbogt@*nospam*home.nl (leave the *nospam* out :))

I've taken some pictures prior to taking the hoses off but they are just to dark to know what you want to see.

Groeten Peter.

you have mail!!!!!!!!!

bill........:w

we will see if this works....

thank you bud!!!!!:beer

bill......:w

Thank you for the photo's Bill! These two really helped me on the way! :)

The first mystery has been resolved. With the new hoses there is one T connector short to connect from the PCV back to the EVAP tank. I have the old one around somewhere so that should turn out oke.

The only questions i have now, i have drawn them into your photo's. I hope you or somebody can take some good picture's of what i'm searching for :)

IMG_0465.1.JPG

If you or somebody could tell me where the hose leads to that is connected to the lower connection on the TVS, EFE sensor? (pointing an arrow to in red)
And where does the hose lead to that should be connected to the upper connection on the carburetor? (also with a pointer in red).
As far as i know the hose with the blue pointer should be connected to the other blue pointer on the carburetor.

IMG_0466.1.JPG

Second picture the same question as in picture one. If there was a hose on the carburetor connection where should it lead to? (red pointer)
And the final one. There is a thick vacuum hose coming from the PCV valve connecting with a thick hose to the carburetor under the fuel filter with a T connection but then? Where does the T connection (hose) lead to?

Thanks for the help so far :)

Groeten Peter.

Problem has been solved.
My vehicle emission control information sticker (new) came in today and on the new sticker the layout for all hoses is clearly shown. So i'll finish the hoses this weekend and next weekend the first startup from my reborn L81 will be a fact :)

Groeten Peter.

way to go Peter!!!!!:upthumbs

good luck with the start-up!!!!!

bill.......:w

To point out the two errors on the Doc Rebuild picture:

First:
The orange hose from the EGR doesn't connect to the big round EGR solenoid but to the tube next to the little round EGR solenoid. So the (sort of) pink hose from the back of the carburetor doesn't connect to the tube but to the big round EGR solenoid.
Second:
The yellow hose from the airfilterunit doesn't connect to the lower middle connection on the carburetor (is also to big) but higher to a small T connection almost on top of the carburetor (front). So the little black hose named P isn't really on the higher connection and isn't small. It is a big hose connected to the bigger connection under the fuel filter at the front of the carburetor. So the little t connection is the wrong one but there wright one is also in the package. For a true OEM replacement air hose kit this kit is missing the wright hose diameter from time to time, wrong connections (size and form) so consider if this kit is worth the money..
:)

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom