Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

valve cover gasket recommendations

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
I'm about to pull the valve covers to install the roller rockers, but I haven't yet picked up replacement gaskets. Anyone have any 'best bets'? The local AutoZone has a rubber one and a cork one; anyone make metal ones? I realize there probably shouldn't be a lot of pressure under the covers, so metal is probably overkill, but mine are leaking anyway.

Suggestions?
thanks.
[RICHR]

This is what I used on mine about 5 years ago, no leaks yet, I think they were silicone: Fel-Pro P/N VS 50088 R.
These are for the later model Aluminum head engine with the center bolt valve covers

I have the Fel Pro ones myself that are designed for racing.

they are Rubber Surround Steel Core. I sure like them I can reuse them time and time again between Cover swaps (going on 3 times so far.)(<-- Valve Work)

Big Red, thanks. I ordered those from Summit tonight on your recommendation. Something I can re-use sounds like my style - with my luck I'll be taking the covers off multiple times :( . $35/pr is a bit less than twice a standard set.

[RICHR]

Those sound like the ones I got, mine were 85 bucks Canadain. But they sure are a great gasket Rigid not floppy and really good rubber on them. Im glad my mechanic told me about them then to sell me on em he couldnt "find" normal ones for my car but he just happend to "have" a set of these laying around LOL ya right he just hates putting junk on my car and Im inclined to agree

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom