Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Visual stupidity

r50thc5

Corvette
2013 Calaway 60th Anniv. vert
Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within me. :(

When I asked my dealer, I was told the front splitter was about $1800 over the counter in parts. OUCH!

Yea. Just left the dealer here in Columbus Oh. About 750.00 to repair and clr bra it again. I have seen online RPI, CorvetteMods new for 650-950. I may just go that route.

I haven't seen what the RPI or CorvetteMods splitters look like. Then again, half the price over factory as got to be looked considered.

They are identical to what's on our cars. RPI will paint them to match the car. I will call them Friday to ensure they can match the gray color.

Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within me. :(

Don't feel too bad. I once ran into my neighbors mailbox at about 5 mph. while looking at something in my front yard. Felt like a moron!

I ordered a replacement right side skirt for my ZR1 from RPI. The mounting holes matched up perfectly with the existing holes.
Roger :w

Thanks for the input Roger. I try to get as much info now a days before I order online. They are just a couple hours up the road too!

Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within.................................................................................................................................................. don't be so hard on your self.s@#t happens.just live and learn.just remember it allways can be worse......:grinshot

Last edited:

Bumped a curb with my 427 Vert a couple of weeks ago. Not enough to break it but it left a "rub" mark on it about 1/2 by 1 inch. Polishing compound isn't working on the carbon fiber. Duh!

At least, I do not need to replace it.

Bumped a curb with my 427 Vert a couple of weeks ago. Not enough to break it but it left a "rub" mark on it about 1/2 by 1 inch. Polishing compound isn't working on the carbon fiber. Duh!

At least, I do not need to replace it.
.........................................................see the glass is half full not empty:happyanim::D:thumb:beer

I ordered a carbon fiber repalcement from RPI. Have not mounted it yet. I will take the original to a painter to see if they can repair
to original condition. I am not savy enuf with carbon repair. I also have a clr bra on it, so some, hoping not all, can be removed and that 2 ft section blended in. Local shop wants another 250.00 to redo the clr bra. I paid them what I feel was a premium price the first time. Thought they would give a discount for a repeat job. It's also got some bubble showing, that alone should allow for
an discount. So much for life time warranty. Anyway, watch out for them curbs..:chuckle

I ordered a carbon fiber repalcement from RPI. Have not mounted it yet. I will take the original to a painter to see if they can repair
to original condition. I am not savy enuf with carbon repair. I also have a clr bra on it, so some, hoping not all, can be removed and that 2 ft section blended in. Local shop wants another 250.00 to redo the clr bra. I paid them what I feel was a premium price the first time. Thought they would give a discount for a repeat job. It's also got some bubble showing, that alone should allow for
an discount. So much for life time warranty. Anyway, watch out for them curbs..:chuckle

i have seen with my own eyes two curbs jump out and asalt two corvette drivers and there corvettes.those curbs have it out for carbon fiber...:( i hope you get everything squard away and back to better then new:beer :beer

i have seen with my own eyes two curbs jump out and asalt two corvette drivers and there corvettes.those curbs have it out for carbon fiber...:( i hope you get everything squard away and back to better then new:beer :beer

I am beginning to believe they were installed by Ford lovers :L

ouch

These damn cars are so low in the front. I always scrape the small plastic spoiler under the splitter every time I go in and out of my driveway with my 13 GS. I have to have a swale at the bottom of driveway, so I can't repave in a more straight line. I've thought about making it straight and running a 4 or 5 inch cast iron pipe UNDER the macadam, but I don't really know if that will satisfy building codes. I have 300 miles on the car and I can see lots of plastic "strings" coming down from the spoiler from the scraping. I figure in another 6 months, I won't have that spoiler any more <pained grin>.

These damn cars are so low in the front. I always scrape the small plastic spoiler under the splitter every time I go in and out of my driveway with my 13 GS. I have to have a swale at the bottom of driveway, so I can't repave in a more straight line. I've thought about making it straight and running a 4 or 5 inch cast iron pipe UNDER the macadam, but I don't really know if that will satisfy building codes. I have 300 miles on the car and I can see lots of plastic "strings" coming down from the spoiler from the scraping. I figure in another 6 months, I won't have that spoiler any more

I try to get my front wheel in first as if slow turning to make the angle as small as possible. Most of the time it works well but the air
dam occasionally scrapes. I happen to miss the opening at a friends when I hit the curb. Only had to go 6 more inches and I would have been fine. Such is life. Driving 47 years and this is the first self inflicted pain I have done to my cars. And it had to be this rare one. :ugh

My old C-5 was a stick,I had my new GS auto less than a week when I stopped at McDonalds to get a cup of coffee and left it in drive and got out,it rolled in to the curb leaving a good two ft. of scratch mark good and deep in the lower splitter , I was used to the stick.What a dufus.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom