Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Water Pump Replacement

Z1Best

Corvette
2001 Red Coupe
Have a definite leak at the bottom of the water pump on my 2001 with 132K miles. Any information on this site with clear instructions on replacing the water pump?

Tks :)

Haven't replaced the pump on my Corvette, but I was pleasantly surprised how easy the pump was to change on my 5.3 99 Silverado...and they are the same block style. I have the FSM I'll try to look up the procedure tomorrow.

I have the same problem!some days a small puddle under car other days no.does not look like a hard job,advance auto had new pump in stock don;t know if it is GM or not any comments would be much welcomed!:thumb

Purchased the water pump for $130 at Pep Boys. Forgot to purchase the belts, but will pick up new belts and change out on Saturday morning. Not much room, but looks easy to replace. Will say the water pump is heavy - so that may be the worse problem - holding the pump up while i am trying to get the gaskets in place and the bolts started.

Should take no more than two hours.

thats a good price! i think my price was around 200 something,your right,does not look to hard,thanks:thumb

Six bolts to remove the pump after taking off the Belt and hoses. Less than two hours start to finish. Easy job and clearly the pump was leaking.

I'm glad my extended warranty is still in effect:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom