Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wayne Dalton garage doors

WEFs02

Corvette
2002 Pewter Coupe
Be careful installing the Wayne Dalton garage doors from Lowes. The instructions are poorly laid out and incomplete. Unless you order the optional lockset, you must measure the hinges to keep from mixing up the center two panels. They do not tell you this. Some of the diagrams are wrong. It is a high quality door so it's strange the instructions are so amatuerish.

You should have looked at their web site...http://www.wayne-dalton.com/ They have some complete instructions there.

WEFs02 said:
Be careful installing the Wayne Dalton garage doors from Lowes. The instructions are poorly laid out and incomplete. Unless you order the optional lockset, you must measure the hinges to keep from mixing up the center two panels. They do not tell you this. Some of the diagrams are wrong. It is a high quality door so it's strange the instructions are so amatuerish.

Were going to install two of their doors in my brothers garage on Monday . Thanks for the clue in , guys . Cliff

DkBG said:
Were going to install two of their doors in my brothers garage on Monday . Thanks for the clue in , guys . Cliff
I've installed several of the 8000 series and the instructions are very poor but the door itself is similar to most other brands like Clopay so they aren't too bad. The 9000 series is IMHO a far superior door and different enough that you have to be careful throughout the installation. The tension tube instead of the conventional springs are a big plus. The biggest problem is they are mixing three extra options into the standard instructions and ASSuming you purchased the options. It also appears they were translated from another language. The 9000 series is worth the extra money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom