Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well Got my 1st Vette 1979 L82

Well it was running but not any more. I had a rod bearing go so Now I need to replace or rebuild the engine.......
Well, that sucks. Don't let this get you down. Put a positive spin on this and move on. Any idea if the Previous Owner was aware of any of this prior to you purchasing it???

Its a good chance to do some extra things to the motor. Cam ect. It will be worth it hang in there.

What's the status on your Vette. I have a 79 so if you have any questions don't hesitate to "YELL"...

I think you got a good deal from looking at the pics. I paid more than that for mine and the paint was dead, the interior was shot, and the brakes were gone... Yours looks really good and the 4 speed cars are a blast to drive! Is it your daily driver, or do you have another vehicle?

Well I have gotten a engine from the junk yard so I can have it running. I think I will rebuild the engine that came out. I have aluminum heads on it and some other misc parts. I think I will do a 383. I plan on rebuilding it myself. I found changeing the engine was fun..... Right now it was daily driver. I do have Motorcycles I will use when its nice out but in the rain I will be useing the vette. The car will need to be repainted at some point. Lots a chips. But atleast I can do the painting my self and any body work I find.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom