Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

well, that's it......... I think

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
well, the flatbed truck just pulled away taking the '78 i spent most of the late Winter and the Spring re-doing.
The towtruck driver will meet me early in the morning outside of gate 3 at Carlisle where she will get unloaded and I'll take what might be my very last drive in her from the gate, thru the fairgrounds, to put her over in the car corral area for sale.
After all that work and even with test drives after dropping the motor back in I drove the car probably no more than a dozen times - and I'm not even sure short test drives of just a few miles even count, nor the drive to and from the paint shop. with the mileage on her sitting on the truck compared to the mileage when a flatbed brought her home for the first time I racked up a grand total of 351 miles on her.

Meanwhile, my wife is spending the weekend at the show with me with her fingers crossed that nobody will buy it at our asking price. She knows we need to sell it but at the same time she wants it as her own toy to enjoy.

we will see what happens. To be honest, even I have mixed feelings and not sure if I want to see her sold or hoping she doesn't sell....... we definitely need the money she could bring but after all that work it's hard to let her go.

I wish you luck Barry. I know you dont want to see her go, but if she brings you the needed cash, once you're back up, you can always get another case and make her pretty. Hopefully, i'll get to meet you tomorrow..

:w
-Stefan

would be nice to meet you too Stefan

if you get a chance to stop by I'll be running between the car corral-space CB22, and the '63-'67 registry in Row E

I'll certainly try. But the CE just threw me a code 42.. And i dont know if it's ok to take with that. Dont want to get stuck. If i am going, i will make it a point to look you up.

Stefan
my '65 has been giving me a persistent missing problem all spring and summer. replaced anything that could even remotely cause it, most of them twice or even three times and it's still doing it but this is CARLISLE so I'm still driving her there and back. No way I'd miss the show or miss taking the car there! :)

Thats my thought too. I just put her back in the garage, no code. I'll check on my thread in the morning. If i dont get codes, i'll be going, andmeeting you and the rest of my friends !

Go have a drink with your wife and i'll see you tomorrow.

:w

a drink??!!
first, I don't drink. second, i'm waiting for her to come home so we can go to sleep. got to wake up at 2 am to leave by 3 am - getting to the field by 6 am to set up the '65 and the flatbed is suppose to be there between 6-7 am to drop off the '78.
than the show all day, than we have a dinner planned with some people tomorrow night........ by the time we get done dinner i'll be seriously ready for more sleep! ;LOL
Hope to see you this weekend.

barry,
good luck. i hope the weekend bring you what you and your wife want. i agree that selling it is tough, but as previously stated, necessity will prevail, and there's always another project around the corner when you get a bit better situated and don't feel the cash crunch.

have a great weekend.

So How did it go, Barry?

well, the flatbed truck just pulled away taking the '78 i spent most of the late Winter and the Spring re-doing.
The towtruck driver will meet me early in the morning outside of gate 3 at Carlisle where she will get unloaded and I'll take what might be my very last drive in her from the gate, thru the fairgrounds, to put her over in the car corral area for sale.
After all that work and even with test drives after dropping the motor back in I drove the car probably no more than a dozen times - and I'm not even sure short test drives of just a few miles even count, nor the drive to and from the paint shop. with the mileage on her sitting on the truck compared to the mileage when a flatbed brought her home for the first time I racked up a grand total of 351 miles on her.

Meanwhile, my wife is spending the weekend at the show with me with her fingers crossed that nobody will buy it at our asking price. She knows we need to sell it but at the same time she wants it as her own toy to enjoy.

we will see what happens. To be honest, even I have mixed feelings and not sure if I want to see her sold or hoping she doesn't sell....... we definitely need the money she could bring but after all that work it's hard to let her go.

Did you sell the car? -John

no i didn't get it sold John so it looks as though Linda has a new toy to use for a while. I'm not going to be concerned about keeping the milage down below 10,000 anymore and even had a friend drive her back home from the show. it sitting with 9,948 miles now and Linda is welcome to hop in and enjoy the car.
In fact, my '65 is giving me so many problem lately it may be staying in the garage until next spring now unless I can manage to figure out the issues with it and if so than we will just use the '78 to enjoy our Corvetteing events and activities. On longer trips the '78 will be more comfortable of a cruiser anyway, especially on the highway compared to the '65 and it's 4.11 rear gears and loud sidepipes.
I might try again in the Spring to sell it, we will see. If not and we decide to keep it than I may decide to make some changes to the car....... maybe remove the emmisions crap off the motor, put in a better cam and exhaust, maybe even sidepipes. who knows, i have no clue yet what our plans for the car will be.

Good luck Barry, however you eventually manage to get things worked out.

Hopefully you will get employment soon and not have any major issues with the 65. :upthumbs

Well I guess that answers this,

no i didn't get it sold John so it looks as though Linda has a new toy to use for a while. I'm not going to be concerned about keeping the milage down below 10,000 anymore and even had a friend drive her back home from the show. it sitting with 9,948 miles now and Linda is welcome to hop in and enjoy the car.
In fact, my '65 is giving me so many problem lately it may be staying in the garage until next spring now unless I can manage to figure out the issues with it and if so than we will just use the '78 to enjoy our Corvetteing events and activities. On longer trips the '78 will be more comfortable of a cruiser anyway, especially on the highway compared to the '65 and it's 4.11 rear gears and loud sidepipes.
I might try again in the Spring to sell it, we will see. If not and we decide to keep it than I may decide to make some changes to the car....... maybe remove the emmisions crap off the motor, put in a better cam and exhaust, maybe even sidepipes. who knows, i have no clue yet what our plans for the car will be.

thanks Pseudomind
sorry, I guess I missed that other post with your question.

I did try that Larry, had it up twice - well, twice before I got it repainted anyway.

I may decide to try eBay again also now that it's repainted but I don't expect much.
Neither my SIL's Mustang nor this vette sold for me on eBay and not even any bids remotely close to what the asking price was on either car.

Barry
I didn't know you were there, too bad I would have liked to have met you. I had a booth in row L sellign differentials, kits, steering boxes.
Good luck with the car. I thought this year was light for turn out but then I didn't get to walk around too much either.

Gary

well, we had an "ice cream run" tonight with out Vette club.
first thing my wife asked was could we take the '78 (meaning she wanted to drive!). Man, she was loving it! Had a big smile on her face the whole time.

At one point I mentioned jokingly that since we might be keeping the car now maybe I should drop in a nice 502BB motor. all she was was 'OK"!!!! :D
She did draw the line and say no when I pushed it a bit further and mentioned a blower sticking out of the hood though.... ;LOL

Barry if and when the funds are available to do an engine swap on the 78. Take the original L82 and tuck it away and drop in an 350/330 HP crate and be done with it It's a great engine for the street and will work well in your car.Use a nice QJet carb and you'll be all set.

nah. if, and I doubt it would ever happen, but if we were to keep the car and do an engine swap it would be a big block and an overdrive tranny just for the fun of it but I don't see putting that kind of money in this car.
IF we end up keeping it I'd probably just pull all the emiisions crap off the motor, put in a better cam, better exhaust, and other bolt on parts just to get better performance but i wouldn't go all out on it. I don't love the car that much and it would be more my wifes car than mine.

In that case I would not even bother with the cam. The stock L82 cam is pretty stout. Better exhaust and a 2500 stall converter will wake it right up. Also a tad richer secondary rods will help once the exhaust is opened up.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom