Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Western Wheel Corp Info ?

Wayne64

Corvette
1964 black/chery/conv.
My Aluminum rims have a western wheel forged with a s/n af1587 also stamped x-h 306065 Around the inside of the rim lip are circles. Would anyone know if this would be an original rim for a 1964 Knock off ?
Have a good Christmas

...i think that "x-h" may actually be "k-h"...i have a set of those, will need to check the numbers and let you know

...if i remember JohnZ's explanation, western wheel made those wheels under license once the c3's came into the market, so you could still get them OTC...kelsey hayes was the original manufacturer

does it say western wheel or "WW" anywhere?

these are not particularly valuable wheels but worth more than the later taiwanese/chicom repops

Thanks will check for the WW. I don't see it on any photos I have.

Post a couple of photos of the back side of the wheel that shows the wheel configuration and any markings. :)

yup, first gen repops if i remember JohnZ's story correctly.....western wheel followed by kh

...i drove the roadster home today with VNV as a chase car and didn't stay long enough to shoot my wheels...probably this weekend, sorry for the delay

BW, very nice car, good luck with it

(I have four more of those wheels if you need them :chuckle)

Kid.
I wish I could still be driving my car. Winter has set in. Thanks for the info I don't feel so bad driving with these rims If one got damaged. Any idea what they are going for ?
Have a good newyears. Ps Looking at putting a side exhaust on. Another challenge.

...a quick google search shows an asking price of $1500 with tires

...i was asking $1600 for mine with bias ply gold lines, looks like i should hold on to them for a while longer and see where this goes

...i added sp's to my roadster and it's very easy to do (although JohnZ will tell you that the factory sp's are more restrictive than your current exhaust system (which is why i went to sweet thunders (another JohnZ recommendation) for the bb))...get someone to give you the sp pages from a '65 or later AIM to install it the way the factory did

happy new years' to all!:w

Sorry for changing the subject. Would you have a couple picks of the sp's and a sugestion of the model number ? Did you go with 2 " . Did you use the short headers or stay with the cast exhaust manifolds. I would like a good sound but not overpowering.thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom