Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

• Thread starter Thread starter Buster1
  • Start date Start date

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Well ofcourse...thats free enterprise...not arguing that point...but that Vette will remain there at that price until the 2006 Vettes are out...or until a sucker buys it...:L[/QUOTE]
you are absolutely right about that.:beer

$2000 under MSRP.

($1500 off MSRP + $500 off active duty military Chevrolet promotion).

Ordered through http://www.saintpauleys.com/ and it will be made once the constraints are lifted...

Can't wait!!!

:cool

1SA/MN6/Z51/Victory Red/Cashmere Coupe

dcorings,

congrats on the purchase...you're gonna love it.

judging by your location, i bet your glad you didn't have the c6 a couple of weeks ago.:)

cheers,

Preston-Hood in Biloxi, MS just sold one before it was off the truck for 3k over.

this one, matter of fact:

That's my drummer Frank in the far right hand side and you can barely see my sleeve and my daughter, Coral, in my arms behind the right side of the hood.
Ren33.jpg

Out here in Seattle, WA. one dealer has a couple @ the "Market Adjustment" of $64K another dealer has one @ $54k and the last dealer I went to has it @ $48k.

I have one allocation coming for a 2005 coupe in December of this year. Order it how you want. I would be willing to sell it at MSRP plus tax and title to any CAC member. Contact me at (440)933-6151. Joe Firment's Lupe Chevrolet....Robert

Will never - ever - NEVER buy from Herrin Gear. I'm a FX35 owner purchased there. Crappy service after the sale. Will be in market for C6 soon.

Everybody says that the C6 is a vast improvement over the C5. It's probably true. However, man oh man, the C5 is a fantastic car anyway! I don't have one for reasons of styling...mostly the rear end. But instead of discussing what people are paying for C6's consider the incredible bargains to be found in a new or almost new C5! The car is an awesome machine. Prices are falling "like a rock". In fact, I'd be plenty upset if I owned one and was making payments on a balance that was more than the market value of the car. The key to getting a smoking price on a C6 is to WAIT. It won't take long perhaps 6 or 8 months. Supply will catch up with demand. Check out online auctions for new C6's. Sellers are putting from 500 to 2000 miles on new C6's and then offering them as "new". I suppose they expected bidders to hand over thousands over MSRP for cars that have probably been thoroughly thrashed. Guess what? It ain't happenin. You never know how many deals might be closed outside the auction but I haven't seen any go for more than MSRP and almost all never even reach MSRP or the reserve. For some reason it seems that the "over MSRP" period of the C6 is much less strong than the C5 was years ago. I think that might be due to the fact that the C6 is following a car that is, itself, fantastic. It's not a C4 to C5 transition in other words so demand is less. That's what an oldgoat thinks anyway.....

Below MSRP ??

Yeah, I'd sure like to hear from some of those folks who voted in the poll that they were buying more than $500 below MSRP. Who and where? I have a special GM Suppliers discount authorization that quoted me almost $6000 below MSRP on a new C6. Quite frankly, I was surprised to see that this car was even on the program. But, the catch is to find a dealer who will honor the factory's program. So far, none, at least not in the Atlanta area. :cry
Just my 2 cents on those dealers who are selling above MSRP. Call it what you will, free enterprise, market adjustment, etc. I call it price gouging (or scalping), and it's illegal in many types of businesses. All I can say is that would never do any business with any dealer I found doing that.
Anyway, I'm sitting patiently until this wave passes through and there will be some deals to be made. Most every dealer has a least one in stock now, and I know they are still cranking them out in Bowling Green. From what I can tell from cruising the net the demand isn't exactly outweighing the supply.

I'm near Pensacola, FL and we have dealers asking anything from MSRP to $5K over. Just ordered a Magnetic Red one with MUseum delivery (around Jan). Now to count the days...... :-)

Every dealer I have asked, in Orange County is at MSRP, except for the Vert which they said was +$3k.

They seem to be selling but I have seen quite a few on some dealer lots and/or in the GM BuyPower site.

We've got a blk coupe/blk interior/1sb/auto on the showroom. Maybe under msrp?????? You cut you own deals..... been on lot 3 1/2 weeks call and ask for Rob Howell (sales mgr) 1-800-905-7223 Pace Chevrolet. Northeastern Indiana
Hope this helps

I am still mystified why anyone without a physical disability or who is elderly would order a corvette with an automatic transmission. Especially with the hydraulic assist clutch making pedal pressure so reasonable. The OLDGOAT remembers driving 4 speed 396's that required some serious leg power and were a real pain in traffic. It's truly fascinating how different the C6 intro market seems to be from the C5 intro market. Dealers will overcharge just as much as they can get away with ( politely called what the market will bear-the infamous market adjustment ) and it appears it won't bear much on the C6. Good as the C6 is I can only attribute this to the fact that the difference between it and the C5 is MUCH smaller than the difference between the C5 and the C4. Also, I believe that the ramp up to full production is probably much faster with the C6 than it was with the C5. Tough luck for the dealers. Not to worry though I think they will get their chance to profiteer when the first Z06's are delivered. They should really clean up. Though it hasn't happened with the Corvette the MSRP game has gotten totally ridiculous on some makes and models of car and truck. It seems that the factory has increased MSRP on some to totally unreasonable levels just so dealers can advertise $10,000 or $12,000 off. Of course, the mark ends up paying about what the full MSRP was for the vehicle only one or two years before while he thinks he's made a real deal.

Living in Seattle WA. with all the hills I refuse to drive a stick and after working all day I don't want to have to work while I'm suppose to be enjoying my drive to where ever I'm going.

OLDGOAT said:
I am still mystified why anyone without a physical disability or who is elderly would order a corvette with an automatic transmission. Especially with the hydraulic assist clutch making pedal pressure so reasonable. The OLDGOAT remembers driving 4 speed 396's that required some serious leg power and were a real pain in traffic. It's truly fascinating how different the C6 intro market seems to be from the C5 intro market. Dealers will overcharge just as much as they can get away with ( politely called what the market will bear-the infamous market adjustment ) and it appears it won't bear much on the C6. Good as the C6 is I can only attribute this to the fact that the difference between it and the C5 is MUCH smaller than the difference between the C5 and the C4. Also, I believe that the ramp up to full production is probably much faster with the C6 than it was with the C5. Tough luck for the dealers. Not to worry though I think they will get their chance to profiteer when the first Z06's are delivered. They should really clean up. Though it hasn't happened with the Corvette the MSRP game has gotten totally ridiculous on some makes and models of car and truck. It seems that the factory has increased MSRP on some to totally unreasonable levels just so dealers can advertise $10,000 or $12,000 off. Of course, the mark ends up paying about what the full MSRP was for the vehicle only one or two years before while he thinks he's made a real deal.
======================================================
Having to constantly shift gears in traffic is a total biotch(I don't care what kind of assist you have with a clutch, even if you have a tiny person down there pushing the damn pedal in for you its still a bunch of effort:L) .....I have a 6 speed Vette already so I understand what it is like. My '04 Vert automatic is just as fun to drive and is just as fast or even faster than my 6 speed...(because you have to shift perfectly and at the perfect rpm to keep up with the auto)...no more stress in traffic for me...automatic is wonderful and has "seat of the pants feel" when I nail it....so now I have best of both worlds..when I feel like doing a lot of crap when I drive I take the 6 speed...when I feel like just driving and having fun on the road by just pressing the gas or the brake, I take the automatic:D......:w

Automatic

I am one of the people that wants a C6 with auto because here in CA you are driving in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time. What fun is a manual when all you are doing is putting it in 1st, go about 10 feet, put in neutral, and then repeat.

OLDGOAT said:

Automatic (sigh)

Sometimes we do what is necessary instead of what is desired. I learned to drive on manual transmissions and have always preferred them. I also ride sport bikes (Ducati) and love shifting. However, when I purchase a C6 early next year, it will have an automatic transmission because I am married and she wants to drive the C6. I had a Porsche when we were first dating and she would rev it to about 6000 RPM and then adjust her forward speed by carefully varying pressure on the clutch (replaced the clutch several times in the next two years). A cop stopped us when she was first learning to drive the manual because (with a big smile on his face after she bounced through a stop sign); “I thought by the way the car was lurching back and forth that it was stolen”. :cry

LOL......whtroyer...I hope join the ranks of C6 owners some time during the next year and enjoyed your post. I had not thought of this "difficulty". I have never owned a Vette but have owned a number of "performance" Camaros including two original 1969 Z-28's. I ONCE took my wife for a ride in one of the Z's. The factory 302 had a very thirsty Holley that sounded really sweet when tickled. Anyway, I demonstrated the car for my wife and at one point when the carb was singing loudly she innocently asked " Is that the sound you enjoy?" That was her first and last ride in the Z. She once actually drove one of my 1968 396 Camaros. It was a three speed turbohydromatic. She floored it getting onto a freeway and just about lost from being startled at all the noise etc. I'd like to point out that I am a certified believer in absolutely equal rights for women and absolute equality etc. I am darn near a feminist. This was just my experience. Now, to be fair to my wife the first generation Camaro, heck any Camaro, is a very crude car compared to the same vintage Corvette. They can be fun but my ownership of these adolescent toys is behind me by a good number of years. Next time it will be the REAL thing. She MIGHT even enjoy riding in a C6. Who knows? Wouldn't I be the surprised one if she ended up enjoying driving it as well! Time may tell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom