Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

• Thread starter Thread starter Buster1
  • Start date Start date

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't buy one, even if I could afford it. My car gets driven under 3k miles per year. I can't justify spending $50k on a car to park in the garage. Even though I REALLY like them, it just isn't practical.

Most of the dealers here have atleat a couple on the lots now, so you could probably deal a little. Many potential buyers are waiting for the 'verts.

JAGSFAN said:
sounds to me like you work for the dealer. Kerbeck is a Large dealer but the dealer I work for is honest and up front. I do not back door anyone and will always pay to advertise. Why shpuld someone go to Kerbeck when I will beat their deal and ship it to their house.
I would work for them if they would let me...All I did was send them a full check from my bank for an '04:L ...BTW...just because I posted from their website doesn't come close to me working for them and it was rediculous of you to say what you did:ugh
I don't even know who you are...what dealership are you from and how many Vettes a month or year do you sell. Also how many do you keep in stock. These are the questions I have...Maybe I will buy one from you if you can show me you can beat Kerbeck and ship it right to my house...:) :beer

and BTW...Kerbeck has ,as I speak...

55 instock coupes
3 instock Verts
48 inbound Coupes
14 inbound Verts
thats a total of 120 Vettes that will be available for sale at one time...

So tell me about your selection please:L ...:beer

$5000.00 under MSRP

Check out ebay #4513601538. H&H Chev. in Omaha will sell for $5000.00 under MSRP.

oops I missed it....auction ended early due to item no longer available. lol

I would like to have a list of options together with the margin dollars availalble to the dealer. It seems to me that there are "hard" options that have substantial extra cost parts. Z51 comes to mind. It has many items of upgraded hardware. The vette in this auction was loaded to the max. with "soft" options. In fact, it makes me wonder what exact combination of options would yield the most expensive coupe or convertible. ( of course, the answer to that is Z06 ).

By the way, does anyone know what the cost of the base coupe with no options is to the dealer? What kind of money does a dealer make on the sale of a 44k and change plain vanilla vette at full MSRP?

C6

Ebay auction 4513601538--------If you look under comments, you will see that all instock Corvettes at H&H Chev. in Omaha have a comparable discount. Five thousand under MSRP is the best deal I have seen.

OLDGOAT said:
oops I missed it....auction ended early due to item no longer available. lol

I would like to have a list of options together with the margin dollars availalble to the dealer. It seems to me that there are "hard" options that have substantial extra cost parts. Z51 comes to mind. It has many items of upgraded hardware. The vette in this auction was loaded to the max. with "soft" options. In fact, it makes me wonder what exact combination of options would yield the most expensive coupe or convertible. ( of course, the answer to that is Z06 ).

By the way, does anyone know what the cost of the base coupe with no options is to the dealer? What kind of money does a dealer make on the sale of a 44k and change plain vanilla vette at full MSRP?
=========================================================
Why do you even need to know how much a dealer is making on a Vette?...with no disrespect meant to you, how is it ANY of your business what the cost is to a dealer?...or what they make on a sale?...:eyerole ...Are you interested in buying an ' 05 or what?...If you are I can find you some really good deals, perhaps $4000 under MSRP..and that is really good since tons of dealers are asking anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 above MSRP...:beer

hey hotshot, mind the tone. how is it any of my business? my goodness what an ignorant question. Any informed consumer contemplating the purchase of such an expensive product should understand the pricing structure. Right now there is a "off MSRP" charade going on that has become a total farce. In my area dealers are advertising from $12000 to $14000 OFF MSRP on pickups and SUVs. They have jacked up the MSRP's to the point of them being absolutely NO reflection of the market value of the vehicle. They then get the stooges to come in and buy at what should be full MSRP thinking they are getting a deal. THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH CORVETTE IN MY OPIONION. ( perhaps vette buyers can't be taken in by such superficial scams? ). Then there are the dealer/factory games of cash back, financing, rollovers, interest rates payoff of existing loans etc etc. All this is designed to fool or defraud the consumer by hiding the true cost that they are paying for the vehicle and focus "on the payment" alone.

Now, this is NOT the way the vette is marketed. However, it is most certainly relevant to understand dealer margins to decide what to offer for a vehicle. Some options payoff much better than others to a dealer. Why do you think they have been running the "paint protectant and fabric protector" scams all these years. What do you think it costs to add an upgrades CD player vs all new rotors? It all figures into the profit on the car.

It's called being an informed consumer. Do I want an '05? NO. I want to see if the option list and/or basic equipment changes for the '06 and have them find the various new model bugs.

Anyone who would pay $12 K over MSRP for a C6 coupe now is either an idiot, rich and foolish with money, or both.

"invoice" prices and such are meaningless and just part of the scam. They print them up at the dealership to fool the marks. The internet has changed the whole game. I wish I could buy a car direct from the factory. What do I need a dealer for? Service? I wouldn't take a new vette to my nearest chevy dealer for service. Have the factory deliver the car to my doorstep for $10 k off MSRP. Why not? What the heck do the dealers do for this money? The salespeople? Stand around and smoke cigarettes and plan to take the GED one more time?

By the way, $4000 off MSRP deals , even $5k are available right now. I know that. And it seems this is for coupes that list for up to $55k. So basically I could get $5k off on options that I don't want at all and then pay MSRP for what I do want. The option loading is just part of the game to make the buyer feel he's gotten a deal.

OLDGOAT said:
hey hotshot, mind the tone. how is it any of my business? my goodness what an ignorant question. Any informed consumer contemplating the purchase of such an expensive product should understand the pricing structure. Right now there is a "off MSRP" charade going on that has become a total farce. In my area dealers are advertising from $12000 to $14000 OFF MSRP on pickups and SUVs. They have jacked up the MSRP's to the point of them being absolutely NO reflection of the market value of the vehicle. They then get the stooges to come in and buy at what should be full MSRP thinking they are getting a deal. THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH CORVETTE IN MY OPIONION. ( perhaps vette buyers can't be taken in by such superficial scams? ). Then there are the dealer/factory games of cash back, financing, rollovers, interest rates payoff of existing loans etc etc. All this is designed to fool or defraud the consumer by hiding the true cost that they are paying for the vehicle and focus "on the payment" alone.

Now, this is NOT the way the vette is marketed. However, it is most certainly relevant to understand dealer margins to decide what to offer for a vehicle. Some options payoff much better than others to a dealer. Why do you think they have been running the "paint protectant and fabric protector" scams all these years. What do you think it costs to add an upgrades CD player vs all new rotors? It all figures into the profit on the car.

It's called being an informed consumer. Do I want an '05? NO. I want to see if the option list and/or basic equipment changes for the '06 and have them find the various new model bugs.

Anyone who would pay $12 K over MSRP for a C6 coupe now is either an idiot, rich and foolish with money, or both.

"invoice" prices and such are meaningless and just part of the scam. They print them up at the dealership to fool the marks. The internet has changed the whole game. I wish I could buy a car direct from the factory. What do I need a dealer for? Service? I wouldn't take a new vette to my nearest chevy dealer for service. Have the factory deliver the car to my doorstep for $10 k off MSRP. Why not? What the heck do the dealers do for this money? The salespeople? Stand around and smoke cigarettes and plan to take the GED one more time?

By the way, $4000 off MSRP deals , even $5k are available right now. I know that. And it seems this is for coupes that list for up to $55k. So basically I could get $5k off on options that I don't want at all and then pay MSRP for what I do want. The option loading is just part of the game to make the buyer feel he's gotten a deal.
=========================================================
Holycrap...put the crack pipe down and back away slowly...you have gone beserk ...thank God you don't work for the postoffice... take 2 valium and get a good nights rest and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEWYEAR;LOL :w
Stop whining and get into the Christmas spirit and continue your ranting and unhappiness with the world after New Years...:L

Do you even own a real Corvette?...I doubt it;LOL ...
and BTW...it is still none of your MF business what dealers or sales people make...:D

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]=========================================================
Holycrap... ...you have gone beserk ...thank God you don't work for the postoffice...
[/QUOTE]oldgoat's post sounds more like a manifesto. Hmmmm?

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]
Do you even own a real Corvette?...I doubt it;LOL ...
[/QUOTE]Presently a Mattel C6 blue Z51 1:18

Don't judge oldgoat too harshly until you read this.
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html
You can see how the car biz can get a person steamed.

bluecoupe said:
oldgoat's post sounds more like a manifesto. Hmmmm?

Presently a Mattel C6 blue Z51 1:18

Don't judge oldgoat too harshly until you read this.
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html
You can see how the car biz can get a person steamed.
:eyerole Judge him too harshly?...You mean like he judges all people of a certain profession?...:L ...I do not want to know about how car salespeole are trained nor do I want to know how much a sales person makes profit on selling cars or for that matter anyother persons personal income...it is just none of my damn business or anybody elses either. Take a good look into "your" own profession/job and how much "you" earn....doing undercover on a persons profession or job can be done to almost anyone...so lets not be too harsh on anyones profession or job...doing the "double standard practice" is just as bad or worse than what some car sales people (or any sales people) do ...

BTW..I was just voicing my opinion here...not judging him...it would be nice if you made comment to "his" judgment of car sales people.....
Take care and Happy New Year:w

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]:eyerole Judge him too harshly?...You mean like he judges all people of a certain profession?...:L ...I do not want to know about how car salespeole are trained nor do I want to know how much a sales person makes profit on selling cars or for that matter anyother persons personal income...it is just none of my damn business or anybody elses either. Take a good look into "your" own profession/job and how much "you" earn....doing undercover on a persons profession or job can be done to almost anyone...so lets not be too harsh on anyones profession or job...doing the "double standard practice" is just as bad or worse than what some car sales people (or any sales people) do ...

BTW..I was just voicing my opinion here...not judging him...it would be nice if you made comment to "his" judgment of car sales people.....
Take care and Happy New Year:w[/QUOTE]

Inferring that he is "on crack" or crazy is a very harsh judgement even if it was said in jest.

In any negotiation it is important to be well informed. Knowing how your opponent operates is just smart business. So yes, it is my business to know what the sales margins are and how much leeway there is. Car sales (except for Saturn) are based on an old business model where haggling is expected.

bluecoupe said:
Inferring that he is "on crack" or crazy is a very harsh judgement even if it was said in jest.

In any negotiation it is important to be well informed. Knowing how your opponent operates is just smart business. So yes, it is my business to know what the sales margins are and how much leeway there is. Car sales (except for Saturn) are based on an old business model where haggling is expected.
=====================================================
bluecoupe said:
"hey hotshot".......
And it is ok for you to say this to me after calling me judgmental....:L
Sounds like you are also on some kind of drug;LOL
Oh please ...JUST STOP...You need to go back slowly and read my last post because you just skip over most of what I said...
It is NOT any of anyones business to continually downgrade what people charge or make..."Well informed" does not mean whine and complain:L ...If you don't like what someone charges or makes then go somewhere else...I don't see you whining or complaining about a Dentist charging $1200 for a $ 5 tooth or a lawyer charging 1/3 -1/2 of a settlement of sometimes tens of thousands of dollars for hardly any work involved...and the list goes on and on and on...so no, you do not have the right to single out car dealers and car salespeople and what they make...

...And BTW... you can have the last word after this because I can see you just want to argue...Have a nice day and Happy New Year...Take care...;LOL :w

Bill Heard in Las Vegas has lost my business forever. Tried to give me 17k for my 2000 FRC and then try to get me to sign a contract for $1231 a month for 84 months after we had negotiated an entirely different set of numbers. Had to threaten a call to police to get the keys back to my 2000. Will never step foot on another Bill Heard lot as long as I live.

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]
...And BTW... you can have the last word after this because I can see you just want to argue...Have a nice day and Happy New Year...Take care...;LOL :w[/QUOTE]Geez lighten up. I'm not mad... just gettin' in on the discussion. We're all a big happy family. :grouphug:

Have a great new year!

Frank (bluecoupe)

More than I wanted to pay, but less than I should have ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom