Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Paid sticker; the norm in SoCal.

Cormier Chevy, in Long Beach, CA had 6 or 7 this morning; now has 2 or 3. The nicest dealer I have been to; tied, probably with Crevier BMW.

Where are all these $3k off deals? I have been looking for a long time and found, maybe one, long ago, which expired by now. I don't see anyone listing them here and my retired-GM-uncle says the car is not on his list of available cars, as of today. :w

Finally, I got it.

Well, there didn't seem to be anything off any sticker anywhere around the Atlanta area, but only a few dealers are trying to get more than MSRP. Bill Heard in Kennesaw lost my business this morning when they tried to pull a $1500 above sticker during the final negotiations. I proceeded to drive 100 miles to Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet in Greenville, SC where I was treated like a real customer. After a little negotiation, I purchased my new C6 for MSRP minus a fair trade in allowance. So, as I stated in my first post, I will throw crap at Bill Heard for their price gouging tactics, and give Mark at Whitaker Chevrolet the highest marks in how to treat a customer. :beer

tonyhood said:
Well, there didn't seem to be anything off any sticker anywhere around the Atlanta area, but only a few dealers are trying to get more than MSRP. Bill Heard in Kennesaw lost my business this morning when they tried to pull a $1500 above sticker during the final negotiations. I proceeded to drive 100 miles to Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet in Greenville, SC where I was treated like a real customer. After a little negotiation, I purchased my new C6 for MSRP minus a fair trade in allowance. So, as I stated in my first post, I will throw crap at Bill Heard for their price gouging tactics, and give Mark at Whitaker Chevrolet the highest marks in how to treat a customer. :beer
How come you didnt look harder for a 3K off deal...plenty of them around...:confused

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]How come you didnt look harder for a 3K off deal...plenty of them around...:confused[/QUOTE]
SO, U have a list of these places, RedGuy?

Prices in Portland Oregon

The ONLY real vette dealer here in metro Portland, Oregon is advertising a nicely optioned Z51 at MSRP. List is about 51K. These folks were asking $5k over list for the first C5's. (don't know if they got it as they didn't from me-I did not care for the car). Several other dealers have a vette or two a year and are most likely are adding "market adjustment" . That could be 5 or even 10k...I don't know. It never hurts to ask and I am certain that the PT Barnum effect sometimes pays off for these people. It looks like the C6 is NOT following the same path as the C5 with regard to ability of the dealers to gouge buyers.

The same local dealer has been advertising a NEW C5 vert for 10K off list for several weeks. What a deal. I wonder what the total aggregate loss of market value has been for C5 owners as a result of the introduction of such a totally better car? It must be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Just gone...poof!!!!! Low mile O2's are being advertised locally for less than 30K. C5 values are dropping like a rock around here.

Correct. Private sale C5s are dropping like a rock. Best time to buy one(if you like em).
Im finding nicely optioned models in the low 20s from 2000 and 2001.

C5 slide.....

Hey, I agree with you man. I also have a C5 that I wanted to trade in, but I just couldn't take the bath they were trying to give me. Too many 04 C5's left going way below MSRP, or even invoice. But, I figure those cheap new C5's will be gone in the next couple of months and then the spread between the $50+K C6 and a nice C5 will be $12-!8K. Enough that the C5 should get some of it value back. At least I'm hoping so! :)

$3000 below MSRP ?????

Oh yea, and I too would like know where those $3K under MSRP's are at. I searched over 100 dealers within 500 miles of Atlanta, up to Ohio, down to Orlando, and even to Houston. There were no such deals for me.

And it seems like the smaller dealers who don't really deal too many Corvette's have a very limited allotment, so they are trying to hike the price and make something extra on the few that they get. But, if you're dealing with a high volume guy, like Maxie Price or Whitaker, they have enough allotment to keep getting cars, so they are a lot easier to deal with.

WhalePirot said:
SO, U have a list of these places, RedGuy?
I could lead you to where someone I know got 3K off msrp WhaleGuy:eyerole ...that is if you are not just shooting the breeze about seriously buying one....woops....my bad , just realized you got suckered into buying one at MSRP...:L too bad...lots of dealers are offering 1000-1500 off msrp and the ones that are offering 3K off msrp are doing it descretely:D just incase some sucker still wants to pay msrp:L :beer

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]I could lead you to where someone I know got 3K off msrp WhaleGuy ...that is if you are serious about buying one; just realized you got suckered into buying one at MSRP...:L too bad...lots of dealers are offering 1000-1500 off msrp and the ones that are offering 3K off msrp are doing it discreetly[/QUOTE]Actually, I knew the deal and had my eyes open; wasn't really 'suckered'. I decided to forego NCM delivery and get the car NOW, as this was the best Chevy dealer I ever visited and will pay extra for a first rate, expert, place. It has since gone back, as listed in another thread, and I am C6-less.

I am seriously considering a paddle-shift Z, unless I can get a mag-ride with the other Z options.

I paid MSRP for my DSOM (looks like 'copper' to me) C6 Z51 6Spd. With options it came to $52,735 + tax. However, This particular dealer offered me $3000 more than any other dealer (tried about 6 others) for my trade-in, a 2000 Z51 6-Spd with HRE 540 wheels, 38K miles: $23,500. So I feel like I got $3K below sticker with the trade-in deal. :cool

Here in the Tampa, FL area, they are going anywhere from msrp up to $10k OVER msrp. When the first few hi the showrooms, most of them were $10k over msrp. Now that there are more of them around, they are down to $5k over msrp at many dealers.
As much as I like them, just can't afford one. I'll be keeping my 91 for a while.

they must be higher in the south cause we just sold a new c6 to a dealer in jax fl for 2000 over msrp. would have sold it for less but that was their offer.

i will sell new c6's for a deal

JAGSFAN said:
they must be higher in the south cause we just sold a new c6 to a dealer in jax fl for 2000 over msrp. would have sold it for less but that was their offer.
i will sell new c6's for a deal
Doesn't selling it to another dealer mess up your future allocation numbers?

bluecoupe said:
Doesn't selling it to another dealer mess up your future allocation numbers?
no not really since we buy vettes from other dealers. we some times have to buy cavaliers or something with them but we built up our allocation very high by buying like 100 C5's and selling them. That is why we are one of the largest Vette dealers around.

JAGSFAN said:
no not really since we buy vettes from other dealers. we some times have to buy cavaliers or something with them but we built up our allocation very high by buying like 100 C5's and selling them. That is why we are one of the largest Vette dealers around.
That is really nice of you to share like that and give Corvette people all over a chance to get their dream car. You don't always see goodwill like that in a competitive business. Good for you!

slapshot said:
Here in the Tampa, FL area, they are going anywhere from msrp up to $10k OVER msrp. When the first few hi the showrooms, most of them were $10k over msrp. Now that there are more of them around, they are down to $5k over msrp at many dealers.
As much as I like them, just can't afford one. I'll be keeping my 91 for a while.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

37 - 2005 Corvette's
At Kerbeck Chevrolet, the Worlds Largest Corvette Dealer, we have a special holiday offer on New C6's!

Now through December 24, 2004. Kerbeck will take $2500 off the MSRP of any new C6 Coupe instock. 37 to choose from. To get this discount, you must take a car from our current stock and you must take delivery of the car by end of business December 24, 2004....

And after this I am sure Kerbecks will again offer a really good deal also...

And I heard Maxie Price in Georgia is offering $3500 off MSRP....

There ya go..now go get one...lol

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

37 - 2005 Corvette's
At Kerbeck Chevrolet, the Worlds Largest Corvette Dealer, we have a special holiday offer on New C6's!

Now through December 24, 2004. Kerbeck will take $2500 off the MSRP of any new C6 Coupe instock. 37 to choose from. To get this discount, you must take a car from our current stock and you must take delivery of the car by end of business December 24, 2004....

And after this I am sure Kerbecks will again offer a really good deal also...

And I heard Maxie Price in Georgia is offering $3500 off MSRP....

There ya go..now go get one...lol[/QUOTE]
sounds to me like you work for the dealer. Kerbeck is a Large dealer but the dealer I work for is honest and up front. I do not back door anyone and will always pay to advertise. Why shpuld someone go to Kerbeck when I will beat their deal and ship it to their house.

JAGSFAN said:
sounds to me like you work for the dealer. Kerbeck is a Large dealer but the dealer I work for is honest and up front. I do not back door anyone and will always pay to advertise. Why should someone go to Kerbeck when I will beat their deal and ship it to their house.
Lighten up dude. There have been plenty of postings about Kerbeck on the web. Don't stress, just keep doing what you do so well. Most people here know that there's more to a good deal than price only.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom