Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

• Thread starter Thread starter Buster1
  • Start date Start date

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Don Rich said:
Kerbecks in Atlantic City NJ is selling 05's for $2500 under MSRP.
See www.Kerbeck.com[/QUOTE]

It's interesting to look at their inventory of all these cars that are for sale at less than MSRP. Man oh man. I didn't realize that you could load a coupe up to $55 or $56 k. Almost all of them are loaded with everything in the book. I personally don't want all the options. 1SA and Z51 are all I am considering.

It's a fact that options have different profit margins based upon the manufacturing cost of the items. I'd like to see the list but we all have a fair idea of which ones make them more money. The extreme example of this is the "fabric protector" or "paint protector" added on by dealers.

I am not surprised in the least that a dealer will gladly discount a $55,000 coupe $2500. I just cannot believe that buyers really want all this stuff on their cars. For example, after all I've read I absolutely do not want the touch screen, the XM radio antenna, on star, or the hazy poorly finished "polished" wheels. No thank you. I don't want them if they are free. Period.

Oldgoat- you think just like me.
I wanted 1SX, MN6, QX1 and nothing else. Couldn't even order that! Looked in inventories and found one with 1SA but with Z51. Hoped to buy under $44,000. Paid more because of interior upgrade and handling pkg.
A buddy asked me if there were any base Corvettes out there. Told him not since 1SX is on hold.

2bubbas said:
Oldgoat- you think just like me.
I wanted 1SX, MN6, QX1 and nothing else. Couldn't even order that! Looked in inventories and found one with 1SA but with Z51. Hoped to buy under $44,000. Paid more because of interior upgrade and handling pkg.
A buddy asked me if there were any base Corvettes out there. Told him not since 1SX is on hold.

I'm with you guys. $2500 off of $8000 worth of options (when them I only wanted $2000 worth of options in the first place) is no bargin. It is still $3500 (plus tax and financing) more than I wanted to spend. The magazines brag about Corvette's mid 40s price but I have not seen one C6 with a list price of less than $52K. I did a www.gmbuypower.com search and came up with 6 out of 50 cars that were in the high 40s. Only one in the mid 40s.

When GM came out with the Cadillac XLR I thought it would take some of the pressure off of Corvette to be a high-end sport/luxury car. With the Camaro and Trans-Am missing from the GM line-up it would have been a good if GM came out with a "plain" Corvette model for sports car guys that don't have money to burn. I guess us regular folks will have to stick with a used Corvette or buy a Mustang or a Subaru WRX. I'll bet even more folks will just loose interest completely and buy a widescreen plasma TV and stay at home.

around 5000 off!without gm in the driveway!

i am 99.9% sure i'm buying a c6 today.after months of searching,and spending way to much time inside my head on this,i finally found a "local"dealer who's doing the right thing.1000 over invoice = about a 5 grand discount.26500 for my 01 18k coupe for trade.i have all the bells going off telling me to jump on this,because it'll never get better!!!the only hesitation is 900 something a month!! what to do?

Ordered my Blk/Red with Z51/Auto/1SB/Nav/XM/QX1 with museum delivery on 3/3. Price $53425. GID (GM in Driveway) price-$47112. $6313 off. Had to jump on it! :D

Unfortunately, most folks that buy Corvettes are NOT gear heads like the majority of the folks who frequent sites like this. They DO want all of the BS that dealers like Kerbeck load cars up with. Whatever happened to the "Billy Bob" Vette we all were looking for back when the C5 was a dream? Loads of HP/torque and nothing else, is what I want - nothing else!

c5vetter said:
Whatever happened to the "Billy Bob" Vette we all were looking for back when the C5 was a dream?

That would be the 1999-2000 Hard top. It did not sell well enough.

As for prices--I did find a C6 here in MD at my local dealer for 43-45 k sticker, I forget. And it was Z51, if I recall correctly. I was not looking, just stopped by and figured let's drool a minute while I'm here.

You're right about Kerbeck though--at Carslile, my impression was that you couldn't get a C6 coupe under 50 k because theres were the only ones I was looking at.

fyi I noticed a cad xlr locally for sale at $60k asking price with about 4000 miles on it. Cads depreciate VERY fast and it's interesting to see that the XLR may follow the same trend. What's list? about $75? That's too much to sell many I think. The XLR might be a nice alternative to a vette depending on price. I think they are worth about the same as a c6 vert new. no more. c6's are sitting on dealer lots here at msrp ...unsold. I think the c5 is just perceived as "too close" to the C6. with prices falling very fast on the C5's I think lots of business is going there instead of to new C6's. just a thought anyway. I plan to buy an '06 if gm fixes the front plate. if not?????maybe a slightly used and much depreciated XLR.

I bought mine at Marone for $1000 under MSRP and I got the $1500 off from the GM family discount they offered a little while ago. See Steve (the car trader for Marone). He got me the car I wanted from another dealer and had it delivered to Lake Worth road.

Found below MSRP

If anyone is looking for a coupe, I was just dealing with Gwatney Chevrolet in Jacksonville, Ar. About 15 minutes north of Little Rock. They have a BEAUTIFUL yellow coupe on the showroom. Sticker is $52,5xx. I just bought my '04 in September of last year, but figured what the heck, I was trying to find a yellow coupe back then and nobody could get me what I wanted. Anyway, yellow, both tops, shale interior, 6-speed, heavily loaded. I told the guy I have never paid MSRP for a car and don't intend to start now and give me a call with your offer after talking to his powers-that-be. He called an hour later and said $500 below MSRP. I laughed at him and told him to call me back when he had a real offer. 2 hours later he came back with $2000 off MSRP. He's getting closer to the ball park of what I would be willing to pay, but that's as low as they would go. I told him I would shop around and call him back if I was still interested. (I played this game for 3 days when I bought my '04...almost $12,000 off MSRP by the time they gave in :D, and "supposedly" all the factory deals and incentives had expired several months prior. :eyerole ) Anyway, the dealer has added some graphics to the car. Black Grand Sport hash marks on the left front fender, and narrow black stripes on the sides of the hood riser. The stripes end in LS2. VERY AWESOME Vette. If anyone is interested, I don't see the deal happening for me right now, so I'll hook up a fellow CAC member:grouphug:! Just PM me!

OLDGOAT said:
Don Rich said:
Kerbecks in Atlantic City NJ is selling 05's for $2500 under MSRP.
See www.Kerbeck.com[/QUOTE]

It's interesting to look at their inventory of all these cars that are for sale at less than MSRP. Man oh man. I didn't realize that you could load a coupe up to $55 or $56 k. Almost all of them are loaded with everything in the book. I personally don't want all the options. 1SA and Z51 are all I am considering.

It's a fact that options have different profit margins based upon the manufacturing cost of the items. I'd like to see the list but we all have a fair idea of which ones make them more money. The extreme example of this is the "fabric protector" or "paint protector" added on by dealers.

I am not surprised in the least that a dealer will gladly discount a $55,000 coupe $2500. I just cannot believe that buyers really want all this stuff on their cars. For example, after all I've read I absolutely do not want the touch screen, the XM radio antenna, on star, or the hazy poorly finished "polished" wheels. No thank you. I don't want them if they are free.

Period.

Well dealers do order most options on a vette. We have had base vettes with no options they sit and dont sell. Then we get an all option vette in and it sells rather quickly. So if you were a dealer which car would you stock? A good salesperson will tell you how beneficial thos additional options are. Especially in the resale of the car.

Average size Nebraska dealership sold me mag red coupe for $3,300 under MSRP for my brother. Convertable for myself will be $3,500 under when allocation comes. Yes, I buy about one car a year to get this deal. They have loaded yellow coupe that has sat a couple months...someone looking?? I'd offer 4K under if your looking.

new buy

Bought my C6 coupe Black,Z51,XM,1SB,polished wheels,transperant top
2,985.00 below sticker. It many have been too much ,but exactly the options I wanted. Sorry really wanted solid top.

In Florida?

donzi said:
Bought my C6 coupe Black,Z51,XM,1SB,polished wheels,transperant top
2,985.00 below sticker. It many have been too much ,but exactly the options I wanted. Sorry really wanted solid top.

Donzi,

I live up here in Tampa and I haven't been able to find any dealers here willing to even do MSRP. Did you get your car from a local dealer? Let me know.

Thanks!

p.s. - looking for a C6 - coupe, Z51, 6spd.

Bought it over the phone from dealer in Bloomington In. The reason I bought it in In., being I am shipped the car to LPE in Decater In. for the 366 CID package. My local Chevy dealer found the car for me.

I purchased my 2005 Z-51 C6 at $500 under Msrp (PRICE). It arrived at my home in New York From Kelly Chevy in Hallendale Florida with scratches on the hood and Filthy in and out and aggrivation trying to get a replacement or help from the dealer. (priceless)
Buster1 said:
What are you paying for your C6??

I order my C6 on April 27, 2005, built May 23, 2005 and at the dealership (outside of Houston Tx) on May 26, picked up on May 27. I got the GMS price plus $1000.00 cash back. The car is Victory Red, Ebony Interior, 1SB, Z51, XM, Navigation, Polished Wheels, listed for $53,785 and I paid $44,503.20. I was told buy the dealership that I was one of probably 10 that got the GMS price in Texas, I was very happy to say the least.

This is a valuable data point in understand what the car costs to produce. It illustrates that many of the options that push the MSRP really high cost very little to add to the car ( such frills as nav, xm, and polished wheels ). I presume that at the price you paid the stealership made money and GM made money. I plan to shop for an '06 in the middle of this coming winter when nothing is selling but 4wd's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom