Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Another way to pose the question, "How much does a dealer want to make versus how much will the dealer settle for to get the car out the door?" I see the dealer asking $2,500 to $7,500 over GM invoice. $2,500 sounds fair to me, $7,500 exorbitantly outrageous.

We bought ours just over cost.

The dealer has a good supply of new 2005 and 2006 Vettes to chose from. He buys them up from other dealers.
We got a brand new 2005 just over invoice. I think that was pretty good as there weren't any incentives from GM and this car wasn't one of the "Red Tag" cars that they were advertising. We bough a new car in 1995 sort of the same way. Went in around New Years and bought one of the 95's that that a dealer had still on the lot.

Most of the dealers in the Dallas area are selling at $3K < MSRP. Found one that would sell @ $2K over invoice. Purchased mine at a small dealership in Sulphur OK. Waye Edison gave me the best deal and highest dollars on my trade.

I know where and who I can get GMS from..

:)

Works out best...

routeboy66 said:
Another way to pose the question, "How much does a dealer want to make versus how much will the dealer settle for to get the car out the door?" I see the dealer asking $2,500 to $7,500 over GM invoice. $2,500 sounds fair to me, $7,500 exorbitantly outrageous.

This is exactly the way to do it.I struck a deal on my 03 for $2000 above invoice. There are a number of sorces to find out dealer cost and hold backs.I have already struck my deal for an 07 to be ordered around June 1st. Working off true invoice shows a smart buyer.

I would like your assistance

Maybe a few examples of how you obtain these figures? Are you talking MSRP or what the actual cost of the vehicle to the dealer is? I am not being or atempting to be cute, but I would like to know. I do not mind doing a bit of research on the issue. Also, exactly what is meant by "hold backs?"

Thanks

There are a number of sorces to find out dealer cost and hold backs

There are three or four places to find dealer invoice.Invoice is what the dealer pays for the car.Msrp is the sticker price in the window.Hold back is sort of a kick back that G M gives to the dealer.A vett is about 2-3 %.There are also from time to time dealer incentives,example sell 2000 vetts next month we'll give $500 each.So a dealer could sell you at his invoice and still make money.So go to the yahoo page under autos or cars and look at the invoice amount also look for customer incentives like 0% or 2000 cash back. The incentives should be yours.I was in Emerson Chev. Lewiston ,Maine and the salesman offered to order me a car for $1000 over invoice.That is the best deal i've ever run across.Also if you have a New Hampshire address NO sales tax !!! Steve

Thanks vett boy for the PM

I would suppose I have never given this much though as during the early portion of my adult life I was in the US Army (23.5 years) and spent about ¾ of this time overseas. So now after your reply, I got to thinking; I have only purchased one new car in my life, a Plymouth “Cricket” while in Germany (June 72- December 75, the Army allowed me to spent 76 in the USA and then back, January 77 to June 82). For some reason when I think of it, the Cricket, I also think about “Yugo’s.” They should be considered about being the same. I could have bought a new car in the states, but then what would one do for warranty service? And where?

For those who may not have been to Germany, many of the western European countries have some of the hardest annual vehicle inspections in the world, and you do not just promise to get it fixed tomorrow, they will deadline your car on the spot or even confiscate, Holland is real good for this. Anyway their was a European sister version of the Cricket and most parts were the same and they had dealerships in Europe, might have been the Dodge Colt and the Cricket was also certified for state side use, which meant it could be shipped back to the USA without any problems

So I have never really given Dealer cost much though, but I am now, I am going to perform some research. Let’s see 56 next month and one new car so far in my lifetime.

So when did the Z06 actually start production? I was discussing this with a friend tonight who's in the market for a used Vette. I thought the Z06 was brand new, but he said they've been out for a few years.

All I know is that I like the flush headlights and the raw power. ;)

Z06

The original Z06 was a racer's package available in 1963. The Z06 (option) first came out in the 1963 Corvette. Heavy duty suspension, brakes and more horsepower. It did not re-appear again until 2001 and ran until 2004. There was no Z06 option in 2005. So the 2006 Corvette is the first year the Z06 option was available on the C6 Corvette.

SmoothZ said:
So when did the Z06 actually start production? I was discussing this with a friend tonight who's in the market for a used Vette. I thought the Z06 was brand new, but he said they've been out for a few years.

All I know is that I like the flush headlights and the raw power. ;)

Correction

I have only purchased one new car in my life, a Plymouth “Cricket”

I got to thinking that there was at least one other new car, and there was a 1991 Buick Regal Grand Sport, this was a pretty good car , even if it only had a 3.8L six cylinder

So 1973 Plymouth Cricket
1991 Buick Regal Grand Sport

What are you paying for a c6?

I ordered a 2006 Convertible yesterday at $4,000 under MSRP at Glueck Chevrolet in Jasper, Florida.
Call Beck Davis (Sales Manager) at (386) 792-1111.

You might want to email me (I am also in lake worth) If you are paying MSRP in s. fla. you are paying too much, I just ordered my 06 convertible, not at Maroone (old Steve moore)

Thanks. I am paying under MSRP. $4,000 under.
Hope to have it end of March. Can't wait. I am in the process of selling my 2002 convertible.

Well, thanks, now I don't feel so good..... LOL. I passed on the lt3 package, and the power top (convertible) monterey red (750.00) high polish wheels (1275.00) auto 6 speed paddle control (1250.00) 55,485.00 they said 2K off msrp, I said 3K they eventually said 2.5K, I said 3K they finally said 3K!!!! 53485+tax, and 385.00 dealer fee 2006 convertible.

I ordered and just got my 06 fully loaded for 5K off MSRP (less that 1k over invoice). To boot, I decided after it was too late that I wanted the plastic top (about a $1500 add on), they gave it to me for $500.

FWIW - Dealer is in Northern Virginia.

Welcome to CAC backof. What dealer in Northern Virginia did you go to??

Jonsflavette, Congrats and good luck with your new C6.
You have very good taste. I also ordered a Monterrey Red with Cashmere interior and baige top, 3LT, Navigation, Magnetic Ride and manual trans. I ordered SP20A wheels from ccwheel. Since I am in New Smyrna Beach, they will install the new wheels for me.

LouG said:
Jonsflavette, Congrats and good luck with your new C6.
You have very good taste. I also ordered a Monterrey Red with Cashmere interior and baige top, 3LT, Navigation, Magnetic Ride and manual trans. I ordered SP20A wheels from ccwheel. Since I am in New Smyrna Beach, they will install the new wheels for me.

I ordered mine with less eqipment, so I could get an extra 1/10 in the quarter LOL....... Seriously though, what are the SP20a wheels? Is that a factory whell? I know they had issues with the supplier of the polished and chrome wheels. What did the wheels cost? Thanks Lou. (PS when we ride the Harkey or vette up to Daytona we always go to New Smyrna, maybe we can hook up)

Go to www.ccwheel.com. Then go to gallery and look up the SP20A wheels.
They go for $2,995 a set. I did not get wheels from GM because I knew they had a problem. Yeah, we can hook up. You coming up for Bike Week?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom