Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Differences Would You Want to See?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Other than the obvious - more power, what would you want to see as strictly
"unique" to the "Blue Devil" that would differentiate it from the base model C6?

Lots of carbon fiber and whatever else they can do to reduce weight.

Custom body work that still suggests "Vette" but that goes beyond the "minor" mods seen on the Calloways. Something sleek and yet aggressive.

Eliminate the "fixed roof coupe" requirement for performance Vettes of late. A true rag-top would be nice but even a targa would work.

I'll keep thinking. . . :)

Like Eric Said,

- Lots of Carbon Fibre,
- Targa Top... or dual Chrome Rollbars over each seat,

AND

- Racing Gauges,
- A Big Center Consol Screen,
Programable Display on center console (able to import Racing Course Maps... and then GPS my position on it) :D
Able to do Engine Tuning on Center Console
Engine Tuning Software for external laptop
Able to tune suspension on Center Console

- Racing Ground Effects
- Dual Shoulder Belts
- Headphone plugs (To plug Racing Helmet into) with integrated FM band two-way radio (Talk to people on Racing Crew.... or other cars) :D
- Optional 3 styles of Racing Graphics (Middle Strips, Side Stripes, Door Strips)

Hmmm... Just getting started:D

Rob said:
Other than the obvious - more power, what would you want to see as strictly
"unique" to the "Blue Devil" that would differentiate it from the base model C6?
A huge wing, lots of ground effects and stickers and blower sticking out of the hood! Oh wait a minute, wrong forum. :D Different body panels and rims with racing suspension and a 4 point harness.

Massive width tires in the rear, blackout kits for front and rear lights, off-road driving lights for 180 mph midnight jaunts, full ground effects kit (wing optional), full carbon fiber dash and console. I could go on, but that's a start.

Rob, you're right. More power would be key, but I'd like to not only see more power, but a special, 'elite' engine only for the Vette. Like an LT-5 to the ZR-1. Something that the other Vettes, [?future] Cameros, Caddys, etc. won't have.

A honeycomb aluminum frame (ala Shelby Series 1) would be very nice, and to be honest I'd like to see things like CD changers, power locks, A/C and other "luxuries" missing. Leave that to the regular Vette, and allow the enthusiast willing to spend big bucks to have a real racer. I'm not in that cohort at this time, but I'd just like to see a really smokin' vette without a bunch of frivilous bells and whistles.

Greg

I'd like to see a "No frills Racer" with gobs of power, the biggest tires known to man mounted on American torque thrusts; side pipes and a removable hard top. The only creature comforts would be a heater and a single CD player.:cool

hmm Racing stripes, 4 inch exhaust, V10, and a nice pair of Blue Devil Shades to wear while your driving. =)

-Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom