Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What exhaust would you prefer?

rwlc5 said:
I am very pleased with my GHL Bullseye exhaust. There is no annoying drone and there is a deep muscle car sound.

I cant agree more.Plus they look great with great quality control.Seeing and hearing is the proof.

Another vote for GHL with quad 3 inch tips

pb060023s.jpg

Corsa!

Well, I've had my car back for about a month now with the WCC stage III mod done. Corsa Indy, Pro tips, X-Pipe, B&B headers, Hurricane intake etc... I love the new sound of the Corsas. It is actually much quieter at cruise speed but it wakes up and speaks to you when you get on the pedal.

Question.... When I bought my car it already had a Corsa exhaust. Is there a way to determine which package it is? I can tell you it sort of has the motor boat sound and the Tiger Shark tips. It's not real loud but absolutely screams at WOT :D

What was the question? Oh yea, I really like what I have and so does everyone else except those that bought some other aftermarket brand. I have GHL Bullets with quad 3.5" bullseyes nicely set off by a SS exhaust plate and my vanity tag "WAYCOOL". My corvette club kind of hangs with a hot rod club; the hot rod guys say the GHL Bullet sound is "right" for a big modified american V8.

Corsa Indy Pro

I have installed a Corsa Indy system with Pro Tips on my 03 vette. At first, the sound was very tinny and aggressive but after 2000 miles, the loudness has quietened down a little. There is no internal resonance in the car and she is smooth through all the gears. When I push her, there is a cool roar which emminates. I have had her dino'd and found that there was a 7HP increase (for what it is worth) I am contemplating fitting a X pipe, any suggestions? I ill leave the cats standard for a while until I can afford HiFlo cats.

Had the Borla Stingers installed at Carlise 2 weeks ago. Got to hear them aginst the Corsa's next door. The Borla's sound deeper and more aggressive. No drone on the highway but there is definetly a difference between the stock system. Love the sound.....can't believe I waited 3 years to get them installed. No doubt you coming at WOT!

I had Borla Stingers installed at Corvettes @ Carlisle too. The difference between stock and the Stingers is big. The sound at idle is deep and rumbly. On acceleration, they sound the way you would hope - a full throaty note that roars. At cruise, they quiet down to near stock (except when you throttle up a hill, or run the gears). It took a bit of time to get use to the new sound, but the sound quickly grew on me. I kept the stock pipes, but I don't have plans to put them back on. I recommend Borla Stinger.

I absolutely love my new corsa pace car edition cat back system. An angry growl at idle, a thunderous roar under heavy acceleration and believe it or not, quieter than the stock system at cruising speeds. The Tigershark tips look bad *ss as well. Well worth the K they cost. johnm

69/99 & 97 Red

You all that had them installed at Carlise. Did you get a special deal? Did they put them on for free?

thanks

Crooze, The corsa touring model has a sharp bark on heavy acceleration. Corsa describes it as "Exotic" the pace car version that I have has a very low tone. throaty growl at idle and a deep roar at full throttle. The inboard marine motor boat sound at idle is exactly what mine sounds like. You can go to corsaperformance.com and hear for yourself. there web page is set up for you to listen to the different models before you buy. johnm. good luck ps I have the tigershark tips as well, there were well worth the extra $100, THEY LOOK AS BAD AS THE SYSTEM SOUNDS.

avacorvette said:
69/99 & 97 Red

You all that had them installed at Carlise. Did you get a special deal? Did they put them on for free?

thanks

$900 installed and $50 of that went to MS. It took about 20 minutes start to finish.

Full Corsa System

I have just broken out and installed the Corsa x-pipe on my vette to compliment the Corsa Indy system. I have found that the burble from the stock H pipe has now gone, and the system has quietened down a lot. It took 45 minutes and $57.00 to fit, so I did not sweat it. I will have my vette dyno'd this week again but I am not expecting any great results.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom