Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What exhaust would you prefer?

M

Mafiozo

Name the exhaust you're most pleased with, or would in the future install on your C5 Corvette. Also, which exhaust is the loudest?

1st - Welcome to the :CAC

Most pleased with - Corsa Touring is what I have.

Which exhaust is the loudest - Borla Stinger.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

What do you guys think of the SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust... I saw a video with it installed on a Z06 Corvette, and well... it was LOUD! Is the Borla even louder?

I have a Borla stainless cat-back (not the Stinger). It rumbles real purtty when it's idling, doesn't rattle the cage when touring, but announces itself loudly when you put the pedal to the metal. A friend at work has the last production year special edition Camaro and I think he put an SLP exhaust system on it (along with a lot of other SLP stuff). I know it's really loud when he peals out of the parking lot.
-Dave

I have Corsa Touring on mine and couldn't be happier. They are loud when you get on it, but at cruise speed I think they are as quiet as stock.

First time I went WOT after putting Borla's on the 98, it scared the *hit out of me!!

I LOVE IT!!!!

Ron ... :beer

For great sound, Borlas..........nothing like it.

another unique sound Z06 Titanium I love mine! and would not spend money to replace it.

For the first time in my "automotive life" I can say I like the stock exhaust. The O.E. ti exhaust on the Z06 works well performance-wise, sounds really good and looks great. And, you can beat the weight savings.

If I owned a base C5 and wanted an exhaust, I'd buy a Z06 takeoff system off eBay.

My C5 has the B&B stainless steel Triflow exhaust... has 4 oval tips. Sounds mild while cruising and comfortable for conversation and music but a nice rumble when I put the hammer down. I didn't install this... the former owner did this mod but I like it.

Don't want to hijack the thread but...

MYLOTCAT,
Did you buy your coupe at Corvette Palace in Austin? The reason I ask is your avatar looks like it was shot in their showroom. I have a pic of my car that was taken in the same spot.

Was just curious...

JAG

Hijacked Picture!

JAG,
No, it was purchased from Thorstad Chev in Madison WI, and I did a museum delivery. Was going to sell it awhile back, our camera was busted, and I needed a picture that looked like mine for the "for sale sign." Found this one via a google search. You caught me ;) .
-Dave

mylotcat said:
JAG,
No, it was purchased from Thorstad Chev in Madison WI, and I did a museum delivery. Was going to sell it awhile back, our camera was busted, and I needed a picture that looked like mine for the "for sale sign." Found this one via a google search. You caught me ;) .
-Dave

:L Sorry Dave - didn't mean to expose you! I understand... I have some beautiful shots I use for my Windows XP screen saver at work - ain't the internet wonderful????

JAG

Love my "Stingers." Scares small children and animals. :D

Hey, wanna see my rear end?:

3434397523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323633%3B5%3A%3B%3C3ot1lsi

"I like big butts and I can not lie..."

>>>>>>I like the stock exhaust. The O.E. ti exhaust on the Z06 works well performance-wise, sounds really good and looks great. And, you can't beat the weight savings.<<<<<<

I believe the Borla stinger (in stainless steel) is advertised as being lighter than the titanium zo6 exhaust. Imagine if Borla would offer the Stinger in titanium??? My problem with the ZO6 exhaust is that it is too quiet. But the Stinger is too loud. I know... I am hard to please.

Terry Holtz said:
...I believe the Borla stinger (in stainless steel) is advertised as being lighter than the titanium zo6 exhaust...

They're not lighter. I weighed mine when I took the stock ti's off. Stingers weigh about 5 lbs. more per side. But I took my cats off and put on LT headers, so I more then made up the weight gain.

hey Tom.... thanks for the info. Am I right that Borla advertises the "Stingers" as being lighter than the titanium zo6 exhaust? That's disappointing if they are lying.

Tell us about taking your cats off... did you install o2 simulators? Did removing the cats set off any codes? How much weight did that save? What brand headers... short tubes... long tubes? How much weight did that save? thanks in advance

Terry Holtz said:
hey Tom.... thanks for the info. Am I right that Borla advertises the "Stingers" as being lighter than the titanium zo6 exhaust? That's disappointing if they are lying.

Tell us about taking your cats off... did you install o2 simulators? Did removing the cats set off any codes? How much weight did that save? What brand headers... short tubes... long tubes? How much weight did that save? thanks in advance

I'm not sure about Borla's adds Terry. The Stingers do weigh less then the stock C5 system, but the stock Z06 ti's only weigh about 17lbs per side. It's amazing how light they are when you're holding them in your hands. The Stingers weigh about 22lbs per side.

As for the rest of my system, I have Dynatech long tubes and a Bassani off-road x-pipe. Headers look like this (Not my car.):
install1.JPG

As for the rear 02s, I do have 02 sims plugged into them. I had them before I had my blower installed. When Phil at Dynotech did my tuning, he turned the rear sensors off with LS1 edit. The computer doesn't look for readings from them now so I don't get cat. Convert. efficiency codes. Not sure about total weight savings, but it more then made up for the weight of the Stingers.

03 RoadKing said:
I have Corsa Touring on mine and couldn't be happier. They are loud when you get on it, but at cruise speed I think they are as quiet as stock.

i second this!!!:D

IMHO -- the best combination is the Corsa Indy (Pro tips), with Bassani X-pipe. Little or no popping on deceleration, completely quiet at cruise, and great WOT sound...changes from a rumble/roar to a wail near redline. Fantastic idling sound as well....exhaust pulses are completely even from side to side....no longer sounds like a motorboat like the sotck exhaust most certainly does.........

I am very pleased with my GHL Bullseye exhaust. There is no annoying drone and there is a deep muscle car sound.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom