Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Is It For???

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
Inside the center console of my '93, at the front, there is a pair of wires coming into the console that aren't connected to anything although they have a crimp connector on each wire, 1 pink wire and 1 black wire. They are coming out from under the plastic below the coin slots.

I'm assuming it was a power supply for something(radar detector??, etc..).

Any idea what it might have gone to?? Factory add-on??

Thanks,

Tom, in my 94 I have a little label that states those are "Acessory Plug wires" Looks to be 12 volt power for what ever you might need.

There should be three wires there. One is black and is a ground wire. The other two are the pink one you see and the other will be an orange one. One of the colored wires is switched 12V (powered up when the ignition is on) and the other is constant 12V power.

I believe that both leads are fused for a 10A load.

Excellent!!

Thanks guys!

Upon further inspection... there is also an orange wire. As I tugged on the wires... the edge of a tag started to pull through. Better check it out tomorrow.

Thanks again!

As you know already, I am the best at stating the obvious! :L

All of the above posts are accurate. ;LOL

Those wires are there for you to hook something up at your discretion. Miniature blender, medium-sized blender, very large blender.

That is why you can reach behind you into the C4 cargo area. Engineers knew how to use blenders, also. ;LOL;LOL;LOL

Hope I did not confuse you!

Save The Wave! :w

It may be from a telephone, before wireless cell phones.
My '88 had them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom